Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2012, 08:52 AM

7 posts, read 16,832 times

Advertisements

Hi
My family and I(wife and a 6 month old baby) are planning to move to lehigh valley in next few months. We are both in medical field and are moving to the area after accepting jobs in allentown and bethlehem. we are looking for a rental place initially and then buy a house in couple of years. please help

When are you moving? 4 months
Where are you coming from? new york
Why are you moving? accepted jobs in the area
Where will you be working? allentown and bethlehem
Have you been here yet? only for job interview

Will you buy or rent? rent
If buying, are you looking for a house or a condo? How much can you spend?
If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend? not a preference. upto 1600$
Do you prefer hi-rise or walk up? walk up

Are you married or single? Do you have children? married. 6 month old baby
Do you prefer public or private schools? public
Do you have pets? no
Do you want or need a yard? if possible
Are you keeping a car? yes.2
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet? calm and quiet but close to the activities

What do you want to be closest to?
Work- yes
Shopping- relatively
Basic services (supermarket, drugstore, etc.)- yes
Nightlife- not a priority
Near Bus stop? Please note that there is NO rail service in the Lehigh Valley. not a priority

Do you want to live with people of a similar age, race, religion or sexual preference or do you prefer a diverse neighborhood? diverse neighbourhood but family oriented

Phillies or Mets? not a baseball fan.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 09:38 AM

35 posts, read 82,610 times
Look at The Meadows in Emmaus.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 PM

thanks for the reply. any suggestions regarding lower or upper macungie. i have heard they are both nice areas with good apartment complexes

Old 02-19-2012, 02:42 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
You're in a great position for a rental property in the Lehigh Valley! You should be able to afford a townhouse just about anywhere. If I were in your shoes, I would look at one of the rental sites as noted in the sticky at the top of this forum, like this one: RentalHouses.com - Houses for Rent, Homes for Rent, Apartments, Condos, Townhomes for Rent, Rental Homes & Property Rentals And just browse for awhile until you get a feel for the area and make appointments to see what's available in different areas. Lower and Upper Macungie are nice and close to the job in Allentown, not so good for the one in Bethlehem. I've seen some nice looking complexes in West Bethlehem near Monocacy Park and that would be between the two cities. You might want to just look over there.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:32 PM

thanks toobusytoday for your reply. anybody has info on following apts. i have heard good things about all of them but wanna narrow down the list prior to my visit to lehigh valley.

1. the lakes allentown
2. trexler park allentown
3. Bethlehem fields bethlehem
4. woodmont mews bethlehem
5. spring creek macungie
6. madison at macungie village

any info would be appreciated.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:38 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Trexler Park is in a great location next to .....Trexler Park(!) and Wegmans. It's also close to the Highways for the Bethlehem spouse. That's the only one I know of and that's just the location.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Trexler Park is in a great location next to .....Trexler Park(!) and Wegmans. It's also close to the Highways for the Bethlehem spouse. That's the only one I know of and that's just the location.

thanks for the info. saw few apts in allentown and bethlehem
1. trexler park : good location across from wegmans, nice neighbourhood, nice size apt and layout good finish. only drawback was the price 1570$ for 2 bedroom
2. woodment mews : again good location, nice size apts, good amenities no availability for june yet
3. saucon view : ok complex, not a great apt layout and the area seems very isolated
4. liberty park : not a great complex, poor layout. not impressed. its off the list

next week will go see the lakes, cedar crest, madison at macungie village, spring creek.

if anybody has anyother suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it

Old 03-11-2012, 08:23 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
I'm not familiar with any of the others, but I'd definatley check out Spring Creek. Looks nice from the outside, has nice amenities and very very close (but not right next to) WalMart, a brand new Giant grocery store, and all kinds of shopping. I live in LowerMac, very nice area.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycguy2 View Post
thanks for the info. saw few apts in allentown and bethlehem
1. trexler park : good location across from wegmans, nice neighbourhood, nice size apt and layout good finish. only drawback was the price 1570$ for 2 bedroom
2. woodment mews : again good location, nice size apts, good amenities no availability for june yet
3. saucon view : ok complex, not a great apt layout and the area seems very isolated
4. liberty park : not a great complex, poor layout. not impressed. its off the list

next week will go see the lakes, cedar crest, madison at macungie village, spring creek.

if anybody has anyother suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it
Hanover Glen is a very small, complex with large apartments. Not cheap, but top quality. Easy access to LVHN in Bethlehem on Schoenersville Rd (about 2 miles from Woodmont Mews.
3298 Jacksonville Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18017
(610) 882-9664

This is a helpful list of the Names of Apartments of over 200 units (as of April 2011) from the Lehigh Valley Planning Commission.

Contact information is not enclosed, but it gives you a list for web browsing.

All but two of these complexes are in Lehigh County (including the portion of the City of Bethlehem in Lehigh county) A total of 26% of the population of the Bethlehem City and 36% of the acreage is in Lehigh County, the rest is in Northampton County. Most of the large complexes are in the LC section.

Units Municipality Name
548 Allentown : Congress
465 Allentown : Trexler Park
448 Allentown : Addison
294 Allentown : Arbor Village
264 Allentown : Hidden Village
240 Allentown : Allen Gardens
237 Allentown : South Mountain
235 Allentown : The Lakes
230 Allentown : Riverbend
220 Allentown : Whispering Hills
206 Allentown : Wynnewood Gardens
200 Allentown : Hillside Valley*
384 Bethlehem (LC) : Valley Park South
276 Bethlehem (LC) : Valley Park East & West
224 Bethlehem (LC) : Oak Hollow
204 Bethlehem (LC) :Woodmont Mews
329 Emmaus : Colonial Crest
232 Emmaus : Meadows Indian Creek
240 Hanover Twp. (LC) : Allendale
240 Lower Macungie Twp. : Spring Creek
288 North Whitehall Twp. : Sand Spring
232 Salisbury Twp. : Devonshire Park
378 Upper Macungie Twp. : Parkland View
326 Upper Macungie Twp. : Autumn Park
413 Whitehall Twp. : Olympic Gardens
308 Whitehall Twp. : Spring Ridge Apartments
306 Whitehall Twp. : Helfrich Springs
264 Whitehall Twp. : Orchard Drive
211 Whitehall Twp. : Mickley Run

Northampton County
270 Bethlehem (NC) : Spring Garden Townhouses
246 Wind Gap : Colonial Springs

This table does not list income restricted rental housing developments. There are many smaller complexes as well.

Lehigh Crossing in Bethlehem is probably too small to make the 200 unit cutoff

Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,900,362 times
Checkout the townhouses in Center Valley. The Countryside at Upper Saucon is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley