Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 33,430 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have got my F1 visa on 07th Jun and wanted to apply F2 for my wife. I got to know that applying together is recommendable but thought applying togther would be difficult in getting visa.So will it be really a problem now if F2 is applying now. what could be the best reason we can give to VO about not applying together. Also pls let me know the documents checklist required for F2 visa. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 01:25 PM

832 posts, read 1,417,081 times
The best reason would be the truth.

I don't know why you're on the internet asking complete strangers for lies to tell the VO.

That's not a very good start to your stay in the U.S.

As for documents, you bring those documents which substantiate your claims. That you're married or the person is your child, that you intend to study in the US, that you intend to leave at the conclusion of your studies and every other document that the visa interview appointment tells you to bring.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,686,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHANI View Post
Hi,
I have got my F1 visa on 07th Jun and wanted to apply F2 for my wife. I got to know that applying together is recommendable but thought applying togther would be difficult in getting visa.So will it be really a problem now if F2 is applying now. what could be the best reason we can give to VO about not applying together. Also pls let me know the documents checklist required for F2 visa. Thanks
Which country you are from? Then we can answer that question better. Getting F2 visa on German passport is different then getting F2 on Nigeria Passport. What is your native country? F1 visa for which university? which course? source of funding? Have you taken Bank Loan?

Old 07-07-2013, 02:59 AM

2 posts, read 33,430 times
hi,
wel thanks for the reply, and i am from india.....

Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,769,664 times
Did you declare that you were married on your app? If so, did they ask about your wife, what her plans are for the year(s) you will be away? Can you show substantial funds to support her in the USA?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:35 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,686,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHANI View Post
hi,
wel thanks for the reply, and i am from india.....
Have you already received I-20 document for your wife. My advice will be that you should go to US first on F-1 visa and then send I-20 and financial documents for your wife. Your wife can apply even 1 month after you have started your course. Documents well US embassy website in India will have all the list. Marriage certificate and Bank documents should be fine. If you have any funding it helps. I think University will give you a figure like 25000 dollars or something which you can show in your account (If there is any scholarship then you can deduct that amount). Dont show loan or dodgy/fake property documents given to you by consultants. also do not give money to consultant who will mysteriously put a huge amount in your account in India just for visa interview and then remove it. If you have money then F-2 visa is the easiest visa to get. Good Luck.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:36 PM

442 posts, read 800,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
The best reason would be the truth.
Don't be ridiculous.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 10,457 times
my husband is f1 n im f2..we want to go to visa interview together. .if we go together is there any chances of accepting? Please suggest me

Old 03-23-2015, 06:20 AM

1 posts, read 10,412 times
Hi Frnds,

im planning to apply for F2,
my spouse and kids already there and now i wanna apply

last year i have been to Malaysia on a work Visa, which was approved for 2 yrs
but i came back india in 3 months, and i last 9months im in India not doing anything

so wen the Visa officer questions me why i came back?
wat should i answer, plz somebody help me...

Old 05-17-2018, 03:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,190 times
Hello,

I have been admitted to University of South Florida, for my Phd, I have received a sponsorship from my employer myself, my husband and my child( she is currently 5 months infant), I have also received I - 20's for all the three of us with my sponsorship. Please do let me, what could be my chances of getting our F1 and F2 visas?

1. My sister is currently in same part of Florida doing her OPT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration