Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM

22 posts, read 43,173 times

Advertisements

I searched a little and I found that it was taking around 6 months but that was back in 2,010.

How long is it taking now ?

Also once you apply for naturalization how long till they give you the citizen test ?

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,771,414 times
A lot depends on your local office- it can take anything from 2 months (unusual) to most of a year (also unusual) from sending in the N-400 and supporting docs to oath.

The interview and test are about 3/4 of the way through, after biometrics, ie you will have plenty of notice. I wouldn't worry about the test- it's multiple choice and if you kept an eye on the news and are aware of your surroundings, you will know most of the answers already (who is the president? Who is the state senator? What ocean lies to the west of the USA? Name a war the USA fought in the 20th century... sort of thing).

Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalPay View Post
Well it really does depend, I would ask an immigration attorney if I were you.

I personally recommend Orit Levit, she handled my case and she offers free consultation.
her website is Levit Immigration Law Group - Immigration Lawyer, Green Card Attorney, USA Visa and Deportation Defense : Levit Immigration Law Group
With some rare exceptions, who needs an attorney to apply for citizenship? Applying through an immigration attorney may even slow the process.

In addition, no attorney will be able to give you a satisfactory answer about how long the process can take.

To the OP: Please check this:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processT...Avg_6PbVnjy84t

Basically, according to this, it should take approximately 5 months for the majority of states, with the exception of places like NYC, LA and maybe some other cities with higher percentage of immigrant population, where it may take longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration