Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:15 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,616,552 times

Advertisements

I have never been to Dallas personally but I have heard good things. Texas in general is too hot AND humid. Even more so then Orlando, FL where Im from

I will say though, that Houston and San Antonio both seemed like nice places but after 10 years of heat and humidity in Florida, I'm DONE with it. And Houston was HUGE, I thought I was never gonna get out of there

Old 06-07-2010, 04:17 PM

762 posts, read 1,566,875 times
You know what? I am really having a hard time believing that people here cannot find a job. I brought my job with me when I came here, but when I talk to my neighbor and tell hms (this is not a typo) it is a he/she. It makes all kinds of excuses like cannot leave their dog, or some other lame excuse. My company is on a 24/7 hiring jag. It is a horrible job granted but it is a job. And my saying is "grow where you are planted" when people knock a place they have been it is like saying "I'm too small minded or weak to handle it there. Any place can be the best place. make it that way.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,974,893 times
Obviously, the OP is just coming back to haunt the LV forum regulars. LOL. I say, good luck, glad you like where you are at and I am glad you are on this forum trying to recruit other LV haters. Take 'em with you!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Obviously, the OP is just coming back to haunt the LV forum regulars. LOL. I say, good luck, glad you like where you are at and I am glad you are on this forum trying to recruit other LV haters. Take 'em with you!
I believe he used to go by the name bascat3? Then he disguised himself and came on here calling LV Residents "Devil's Rejects" under another name that I can't remember at the moment

Old 06-08-2010, 12:59 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,073,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
You know what? I am really having a hard time believing that people here cannot find a job. I brought my job with me when I came here, but when I talk to my neighbor and tell hms (this is not a typo) it is a he/she. It makes all kinds of excuses like cannot leave their dog, or some other lame excuse. My company is on a 24/7 hiring jag. It is a horrible job granted but it is a job. And my saying is "grow where you are planted" when people knock a place they have been it is like saying "I'm too small minded or weak to handle it there. Any place can be the best place. make it that way.
heres the problem imo,.. people had jobs paying 30 and hour and then some.. then they lost the job... so the unemployment pays close or the same as what they can find today 12-15 per hour, so they figure why should they bother working..

im glad i have a job.. i see alot more jobs opening up than 3 months ago.. so the fact that there are no jobs is pure bs..

Old 06-08-2010, 01:26 AM

1,148 posts, read 2,786,540 times
All the building of new houses is actually a negative for Dallas. Theres a ton of foreclosures and older properties on the market but the builders are able to undercut whats on the market on price. So they are chasing the market down which is pushing more people underwater on their mortgages, adds more volume, and keeps the downward cycle moving.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
heres the problem imo,.. people had jobs paying 30 and hour and then some.. then they lost the job... so the unemployment pays close or the same as what they can find today 12-15 per hour, so they figure why should they bother working..

im glad i have a job.. i see alot more jobs opening up than 3 months ago.. so the fact that there are no jobs is pure bs..
I can attest to this, considering I was hired my 2nd day in town at a job. Sure the pay isn't the best but at least I found SOMETHING

I think airics, the other reason so many people are still unemployed is the fact that when they ARE offered jobs, they dont want to take something that pays less then their previous job. So they'll continue to sit on their couch watching Jerry Springer re-runs in the afternoon, while they extend their unemployment to the 99 weeks (Its sad people can collect unemployment for up to 2 years now) And make more money then me, doing absolutely nothing productive, and you and I pay for it. God Bless America

But as far as jobs go, I quote the rapper Ludacris "People too picky these days damnit"

Old 06-08-2010, 01:41 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,311,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I can attest to this, considering I was hired my 2nd day in town at a job. Sure the pay isn't the best but at least I found SOMETHING

I think airics, the other reason so many people are still unemployed is the fact that when they ARE offered jobs, they dont want to take something that pays less then their previous job. So they'll continue to sit on their couch watching Jerry Springer re-runs in the afternoon, while they extend their unemployment to the 99 weeks (Its sad people can collect unemployment for up to 2 years now) And make more money then me, doing absolutely nothing productive, and you and I pay for it. God Bless America

But as far as jobs go, I quote the rapper Ludacris "People too picky these days damnit"
Unfortunately, you are right. I am fighting with these unemployed bums on this exact same issue. One of them even had the nerve to put me down for having a low paying job and the fact that I have roommates, all the while she is the true loser collecting a check.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...sion-bill.html

mod interpose: the premise of this thread is just baiting, IMO. closed.

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-08-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: