Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 PM

238 posts, read 547,937 times

Advertisements

I've driven all over Las Vegas and have yet to see one cemetery. I'm pretty sure people die in this city so where do they put them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 01:37 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,105,648 times
LVBN and Foremaster Ln
Out by the airport...on Eastern I think....right at the end of the runway....out in the NW....under several Cactus plants whos locations are yet to be divulged

Old 04-27-2010, 01:39 PM

458 posts, read 1,670,630 times
Interesting. No cemeteries and no blue post office boxes. These are things I hadn't noticed Vegas lacked, but are glaringly missing now that I think about it.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:49 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,530 times
I'm glad you asked this question. I have never seen any either and have wondered about that.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:04 PM

238 posts, read 547,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriwx View Post
Interesting. No cemeteries and no blue post office boxes. These are things I hadn't noticed Vegas lacked, but are glaringly missing now that I think about it.
I forgot about the lack of post office boxes. I noticed that, too. It wasn't until about 2 months after I bought my house that I realized there was no mailbox on the house. I finally found the cluster of mailboxes down the street.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,177 times
There is a cemetery that I see on Las Vegas Blvd past Washington

Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamDeleted View Post
I've driven all over Las Vegas and have yet to see one cemetery. I'm pretty sure people die in this city so where do they put them?
Either propped up in front of the slot machines or seated in the nearest bingo parlour

Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,492,235 times
I wonder how many people who live in LV choose to be buried there? With such a large population having transplanted there from other parts of the country, and not having other family members close by, I wonder what percentage gets shipped "home" for burial.

Just curious...if you currently live in LV, and end up dying there, and wish your body to be buried...would your final wishes be interment there, or elsewhere?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:06 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,194,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I wonder how many people who live in LV choose to be buried there? With such a large population having transplanted there from other parts of the country, and not having other family members close by, I wonder what percentage gets shipped "home" for burial.

Just curious...if you currently live in LV, and end up dying there, and wish your body to be buried...would your final wishes be interment there, or elsewhere?
I have been involved in a half a dozen plantings over the years. It is rare that anyone gets shipped elsewhere.

I plan on ending up as dust scattered in the Catalina channel. But the services etc will all be here.

My favorite was a good captain who ended up with a just perfect wind shift that left him spread all over a couple of boats...that is my ambition for the right way to go out.

There are cemeteries on Eastern just north of the airport. Jones and Elkhorn, Tenaya and Lone Mountain, Boulder City by the airport. There are others

And you can plant your pet if you wish...The animal cemetery is at Craig and Teneya.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 PM

182 posts, read 246,157 times
HAHAHA a few are in the NW side of town and also by the airport, there is one by Dowtown and we also have the Neon Boneyard, hahaha but temporarily closed for an upgrade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas