Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 02:14 PM

5 posts, read 11,645 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am a 21 year old about to graduate from school in NY and moving out to Vegas July 1st to start a position on the Strip.

I have talked to a couple of people I know out in Vegas about the area I should be looking in and it was unanimous: Southwest Vegas.

One of them told me the Manhattan is a good place, another said Park ave...its all just names to me.

Can anyone tell me what places I should be looking at (1 BR:condos, apartments) to rent in the price range of $800-900?

I am coming out in 3 weeks to look at places, so any info here would be really helpful in my search!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 05:38 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,508,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klm79 View Post
Hello All,

I am a 21 year old about to graduate from school in NY and moving out to Vegas July 1st to start a position on the Strip.

I have talked to a couple of people I know out in Vegas about the area I should be looking in and it was unanimous: Southwest Vegas.

One of them told me the Manhattan is a good place, another said Park ave...its all just names to me.

Can anyone tell me what places I should be looking at (1 BR:condos, apartments) to rent in the price range of $800-900?

Thanks!
Your friends who already live here should be your best source of information, no? Why wouldn't they help you?

Manhattan, isn't that over by the Southcoast? It looks nice and well kept, but I haven't heard anything about it good or bad. I never heard of Park Avenue, though, sorry..

Last edited by MomMom; 04-16-2010 at 05:48 PM..

Old 04-16-2010, 08:29 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,693,819 times
A roommate of mine works at Park Avenue in maintenance. I pick him up there twice a week, and it's very nice. What would you know about the place?

MomMom: Park Avenue condos is on Agate and LVBS.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:09 PM

107 posts, read 327,971 times
Southwest eh? Okay. My preference is for Green Valley. There are lots of nice places not too far off of Eastern above 215. Pretty easy access to the strip off the belt loop or straight down Las Vegas Blvd.

Don't rush into anything.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:53 AM

203 posts, read 547,517 times
Quote:
Hello All,

I am coming out in 3 weeks to look at places, so any info here would be really helpful in my search!

Thanks!

800 OUR 900??? that will only get you an average apt

Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 PM

5 posts, read 11,645 times
I just found "the venue" apartments which looks really cool.

What do people know about that space and the surrounding area?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:53 AM

450 posts, read 1,518,561 times
I checked out the Venue Apartments last year when I was looking for apartments before I bought my house. Brand new, just opened last summer, and they're very modern. Huge walk in closets, literally you could fit a queen size air mattress in there. Gated community, and the surrounding area is just off 515/93/95 at Russell between Whitney Ranch and Mountain Vista. You could shoot up Russell to Paradise to get to the Strip fairly quickly, only takes about 8 minutes.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:26 PM

28 posts, read 59,465 times
Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks!
Manhattan is much nicer than Park Ave but I doubt you will get any apts for less than $1,000

Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,508,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
A roommate of mine works at Park Avenue in maintenance. I pick him up there twice a week, and it's very nice. What would you know about the place?

MomMom: Park Avenue condos is on Agate and LVBS.
Thank you for that location.

While I try to get up to that new area from time to time, it's still all so "new" to me, and I'm not at all familiar with the surroundings out there, but certain places stay stuck in my mind, like that Manhattan condo complex.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:38 PM

182 posts, read 247,685 times
As a long term resident, I would suggest to stay far away from the Strip as possible especially if you have a car. Southwest is a decent area with newer condos/apts for rentals but if you are the type who would prefer to check out the nitelife or anything that goes on the Strip and you would like to live nearby, there are rentals near the Southpoint Hotel on the Southern end of the Strip.

Off and On the Vegas Strip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas