Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 05:53 PM

9 posts, read 35,588 times

Advertisements

I am looking for your thoughts on Siena in Summerlin. If you can, make comparisons with the sun cities in Anthem and Summerlin. Comparisons in terms of liveability and investments wise. Olecapt, I am especially looking for you thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 09:45 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,890,159 times
That area does not really feel like its part of Summerlin. I looked at some places right next to Siena and it seems very isolated at this time with plenty of open desert around it for now. The realtor said the best part of Siena is all the houses are single story so they don't block the views of their two story neighbors. Didn't seem like he thought too highly of it.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:50 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,287 times
I've thoroughly looked at all of them. Siena is pricier, offers less and I don't care for any of the floorplans. I personally feel SC Summerlin offers the most and is the right one for me. Anthem has LID's and SID's to pay in addition and I assume Siena does too. If it doesn't and the HOA dues are acceptable to you and the floorplans, it would be okay.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 5,141 times
Problem with Siena Summerlin is HOA favors spending heavily on older, larger section while generally abandoning the newer southern section. The southern section of Siena has seen folks move out in a steady stream due to undisclosed construction defects, despite numerous laws requiring full disclosure. A major defect has been conceiled for years, and a close review of property sales will find the HOA people had this insider information and sold off second investment homes or sold al together and never disclosed these major defects, a violation of federal law. The HOA then becomes under funded with less homeowners and the guard service and board members who previously had important productive lives now for some reason in retirement, feel impotent and start arbitrarily assessing fines over quality of life styles despite the issues being completely within the HOA rules. It's a predicable circle, people just want to live and enjoy their homes and community and when unlawfully denied that simple peace and tranquility with the assessment arbitrary fines and interpretation of rules that frankly are just abstract and crazy, folks will just move. At Siena the HOA singlehandedly been responsible for a greater drop in home value than the faltering of the economy. Not a unique story about HOA's who go power-crazy, it just continues to lack due process and be sad regardless.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 AM

35 posts, read 72,265 times
Default Siena Construction Defects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonsence View Post
The southern section of Siena has seen folks move out in a steady stream due to undisclosed construction defects, despite numerous laws requiring full disclosure. A major defect has been conceiled for years, and a close review of property sales will find the HOA people had this insider information and sold off second investment homes or sold al together and never disclosed these major defects, a violation of federal law.
Whoa. Would you care to be more specific regarding this major construction defect? I know somebody who has a house there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas