Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:49 PM

61 posts, read 195,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Well it is already getting warm and it will be hot in no time. Yesterday they turned on the air conditioning at work.
Maybe someone here can help me figure out my thermostat. I cant get the fan to turn off. My town house is 6 years old. The thermostat has two settings (switches). On the left is FAN and underneath it the switch goes from Auto or On. On the right is SYSTEM and underneath it the switch goes from Cool - Off - Heat. OK, so when the weather is nice like the last few days I turn the unit SYSTEM to off. But, the fan keeps coming on. I leave the fan on Auto. I cant get the fan to shut off, it comes on about every 20 minutes and runs for about 10 minutes. If I leave the fan on ON it goes on constantly. It just keeps blowing this not really cold air and not really warm air -- but I just dont want it constantly blowing!!

Anyone have any ideas or do I need to get an electrician to put in a new thermostat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,291,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptsMom View Post
Maybe someone here can help me figure out my thermostat. I cant get the fan to turn off. My town house is 6 years old. The thermostat has two settings (switches). On the left is FAN and underneath it the switch goes from Auto or On. On the right is SYSTEM and underneath it the switch goes from Cool - Off - Heat. OK, so when the weather is nice like the last few days I turn the unit SYSTEM to off. But, the fan keeps coming on. I leave the fan on Auto. I cant get the fan to shut off, it comes on about every 20 minutes and runs for about 10 minutes. If I leave the fan on ON it goes on constantly. It just keeps blowing this not really cold air and not really warm air -- but I just dont want it constantly blowing!!

Anyone have any ideas or do I need to get an electrician to put in a new thermostat?
It is broken. If it is in the off position nothing should come on at all.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:53 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,291,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
You guys are making me wish I was in LV already

Here in FL, where it should be in the mid 80s, it has been in the low 50s for highs and 30s for lows, definitely not liking that

I do realize that Vegas gets colder then FL, but if I move I will shut up and stop complaining

A lot of people dont realize how cold LV (or Orlando for that matter) can get
Oh, trust me, I found out quickly when I moved here from Phoenix how cold it gets in Vegas. I remember on day here where in never got above 32 degrees, and it was snowing heavily. I never experienced anything like that in Phoenix.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,412,746 times
Yeppers, spring has sprung and I got my crops in before the March 1st deadline. Think three termater plants are enough?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1267688591

My flower garden is thriving.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1267688633

My huge peach tree is getting leaves.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1267688714

In fact the whole south 40 is doing great.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1267688764

Kinda reminds you of the Bellagio don't it?
Attached Thumbnails
Spring has Sprung!-027.jpg   Spring has Sprung!-021.jpg   Spring has Sprung!-031.jpg   Spring has Sprung!-034.jpg  

Old 03-04-2010, 10:02 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,490,843 times
I'm at my rental in Summerlin, driving up the Summerlin Parkway this morning, the Spring Range and the colorful Red Rock Canyon...what a sight!

Just gorgeous in the bright sunshine!

It even smells like Spring outside (after the rain we had overnight by my neck of the woods)

Old 03-04-2010, 10:35 AM

687 posts, read 4,408,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptsMom View Post

You dont need a new thermostat. Some later homes had a recirculation timer added to the furnace that kicks the fan on every 20 mins and runs for a few more, then shuts off.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
You guys are making me wish I was in LV already

Here in FL, where it should be in the mid 80's, it has been in the low 50s for highs and 30s for lows, definitely not liking that

I do realize that Vegas gets colder then FL, but if I move I will shut up and stop complaining

A lot of people don't realize how cold LV (or Orlando for that matter) can get
Davie, it is not only a dry heat but a dry cold as well. 32º feels a lot colder when it is also damp than it does when it is dry and sunny. Well, "moony" since it (almost) only happens at night. Bad weather in Las Vegas usually only means it's windy. But I remember someone saying once that it's the only place in the country where you can be in your pool and have sand in your eyes. We still have the occasional sand storm, but with all the development they don't happen as often unless you live on the edge of town where the desert meets the artificial landscaping.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I'm at my rental in Summerlin, driving up the Summerlin Parkway this morning, the Spring Range and the colorful Red Rock Canyon...what a sight!

Just gorgeous in the bright sunshine!

It even smells like Spring outside (after the rain we had overnight by my neck of the woods)
Your neck of the cactus you mean?

It doesn't look like we got a drop of rain at my place last night. I've had my sprinklers turned off for a couple of weeks, so it might be time to turn them back on since the next chance of rain is Sunday. Around here, unless it's actually raining, a 50% chance of rain is practically no chance at all IMHO.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,172,117 times
and even if it's actually raining, you can turn sideways and miss most of the rain drops

Old 03-04-2010, 10:53 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,490,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Your neck of the cactus you mean?

It doesn't look like we got a drop of rain at my place last night. I've had my sprinklers turned off for a couple of weeks, so it might be time to turn them back on since the next chance of rain is Sunday. Around here, unless it's actually raining, a 50% chance of rain is practically no chance at all IMHO.
Jeez, we had wind swept rain around 4:00 am, actually woke me up! I've had my sprinklers turned off for weeks as well, with all this rain we've been getting this spring, I have weeds growing where I've never seen any livin' thing before

Had to go and buy me one of those huge pumper jugs of Round Up.

Last edited by MomMom; 03-04-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas