Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:37 AM

762 posts, read 1,561,760 times

Advertisements

Online reviews are great and it sounded good for not to much. It was excellent. Try the stuffed dates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 09:11 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,471,089 times
Here's the menu, don't think I've ever been in there, but I'll try it soon.

FIREFLY* Tapas Kitchen & Bar -- Las Vegas, NV

Old 03-03-2010, 09:25 AM

450 posts, read 1,513,934 times
Default Re:

Just had the stuffed dates on my most recent trip there...to die for! Also love the warm spinach salad, chicken and chorizo stuffed mushrooms, and veggie empanadas. Oh, and of course a nice cold pitcher of sangria washes all of that down just perfectly!

Old 03-03-2010, 11:34 AM

228 posts, read 554,968 times
One of my most favorite places to eat/drink/hang-out in the city: great food, great wine, great crowd.

Haven't checked out the new Downtown location.
IIRC, I read in an article that the diversity of the menu was toned down a bit.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:58 AM

450 posts, read 1,513,934 times
Default Re:

We went to the downtown location for my friend's birthday and although the view was great (overlooking Fremont St. Experience), the restaurant itself didn't have the same flair as the original on Paradise. The downtown location did eliminate some menu options such as the duck dish, and I believe a couple seafood dishes as well. Fruit infused vodka was not as good as the Paradise location. The worst part was trying to find the place! We entered on the end of the Plaza Hotel near the bus station, and it felt like forever meandering through dusty inoperable bars and slot machines to get to the escalators upstairs. They wanted to attract tourists, however, from what we saw, there were no signs anywhere directing you to Firefly or what it was. Maybe the signs didn't stick against the dust covered walls there? No idea...

Old 03-03-2010, 12:17 PM

228 posts, read 554,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl4 View Post
We went to the downtown location for my friend's birthday and although the view was great (overlooking Fremont St. Experience), the restaurant itself didn't have the same flair as the original on Paradise. The downtown location did eliminate some menu options such as the duck dish, and I believe a couple seafood dishes as well. Fruit infused vodka was not as good as the Paradise location. The worst part was trying to find the place! We entered on the end of the Plaza Hotel near the bus station, and it felt like forever meandering through dusty inoperable bars and slot machines to get to the escalators upstairs. They wanted to attract tourists, however, from what we saw, there were no signs anywhere directing you to Firefly or what it was. Maybe the signs didn't stick against the dust covered walls there? No idea...
Thanks for the info!
We’ll stick to Paradise.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:20 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,243 times
The downtown location is actually quite nice once you find it.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:22 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
Online reviews are great and it sounded good for not to much. It was excellent. Try the stuffed dates
Those blue cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped dates are like crack. So good, in fact, I served them to my family over the holidays.

Winner winner, who needs turkey dinner.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:01 PM

46 posts, read 87,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zendrive View Post
The downtown location is actually quite nice once you find it.
True, and yes, that parking garage is nasty. Sometimes i even park in the open lot on the other side of the bus station just to avoid it. Another option is to just valet at the Golden Nugget and walk the FSE into the Plaza, straight to the elevator, press two, shazam!

Looking forward to checking this location out. The last few years the Dome has just been used for private parties, kind of a waste of space. If they changed that little bar there, i'll be bummed, as the cheap Crown Royal Reserve was a steal!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:29 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,010,330 times
O M F G!

DW & I went there for dinner tonight and had the best-tasting food that we've had since we moved to Vegas. In fact, I can't remember a better meal at a restaurant in D.C. either for that matter.

The duck and the dates are just indescribably delicious. It was like my mouth was having an orgasm. Had a couple of tuna dishes, too, as well as the albondigas meatballs. Each dish was excellent. And of course, we washed it all down with a pitcher of sangria. Nothing could have improved the dinner.

Well, on second thought something did. After finishing dinner, we went down the road a bit to the Wynn where I played poker for two hours and won $401.

All in all, just a wonderful evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas