Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:16 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times

Advertisements

You should check into the zoning. That is too large a range for a normal zoning classification. May be a PUD...but those generally have overall density limits. Talk to the city/county involved...see what is up.

These guys have been known to proceed without proper approvals...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,341 times
We signed contract with Harmony Homes Laguna on 2/7/10. Don't even get me started with Harmony Homes AND their lender!! Our home was actually complete and we did the final walk through on May 7th. The house was in great condition, totally move in ready, no messes or touchups needed, no trash in the yards. We get ready to go through final underwriting and the house doesn't appraise!! The appraisal came in $20,000 LOWER than what we're supposed to be paying for it. Harmony Homes is blaming it on the appraiser, the lender is telling us Harmony Homes are over priced, it's a DISASTER!! Our original sales lady is a TOTAL ditz, she never has a clue about what's going on. Our on site sales center has someone new just about every week, and the VP of sales that we're working with is a condescending jerk! Their lender is also an absentee party. We should have known this whole sitution would crumble when we went to her to get our pre-approval and she told us she couldn't help us 'cause she was on her way to a super bowl party. Another time she told us she'd have to explain something to us later b/c she was on her way to get her oil changed. And that's only the beginning with her, we finally got the branch manager involved and she's taken over our file now. The bottom line is, Harmony Homes is a new company and they do NOT have their @#%! together! We were supposed to close on May 7th, and we're still waiting on another home to close to use as a comp for our appraisal. We were supposed to close on the 7th, then the 14th, June 1st and now they're saying we'll close next Friday. Who knows!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:46 PM

146 posts, read 529,290 times
Wow - this has really opened our eyes about Harmony. I've seen them growing new communities left and right, but I figured there would be some missteps.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,820 times
Harmony recently purchased a very large, only 15% completed, D. R. Horton development in Laughlin, NV and built a couple models to show. The models are being offered for sale as "leasebacks"...you buy the home and they rent it from you for a couple years so they can continue to use it as a model.

I was briefly curious about purchasing under this arrangement, until:

(a) I found out that leasebacks can be dangerous to the buyer if the seller goes into bankruptcy during the leaseback period and a bankruptcy judge determines that the seller used leasebacks to hide assets, and

(b) I read this thread!

Old 07-13-2011, 07:05 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,331 times
A lot of Las Vegas builders are "on the hook" financially. They have repayment guarantees with their lenders and can be forced into involuntary bankruptcy (like Inspirada).

KB may be required to pay $180M (plus interest & attorney's fees) to the South Edge lenders. Meanwhile their stock traded higher(?) LOL!!!

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Old 07-16-2011, 05:24 PM

24 posts, read 79,963 times
Default New Home Builders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmfamily View Post
A few months ago accdentally stumbled upon Standard Pacific home's website. Now our house is almost complete. Many things that are upogrades through other builders are standard features w/Standard Pacific. They've been wonderful to work with.
We've been looking at new homes as well and Standard Pacific builds a nice home, as does Richmond American and Warmington. I sell new homes in Calif and here DR Horton and Lennar aren't in great standing, but I understand in LV, their reputation is better. Yes, builders are always looking to save money, but they still have to honor those longer "construction warranties" so if they cut too much, they'll pay for it both in monies outlayed and reputation.

I've never bought a "new" home even though I've sold them for years, but my next home will be new. Tired of seeing the enjoyment of all who do. I want some of that!

Old 06-22-2013, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,242 times
Default Harmony Homes

I just closed on a home over by their new community called Day Break. The sales agent in the new community is the rudest and mean sales agent I've ever encountered! She wasn't even our sales agent. From the first time I saw her and asked if I could borrow one of her chairs in her office so I could sit with my clients to write up their offer. She just gave me a nasty glare. Then my next encounter with this woman was the day we were doing our walk through. They canceled the walk through because the water was not on but forgot to tell the two most important people, homeowner and realtor. So I went to their office to see if I could get the key so we could show the home to my painting contractor. Our sales agent wasn't there yet so I explained what happened and asked if I could have the key. She glared at me, turned away and went to her computer and started typing. I asked her again if I as my clients realtor could open the house. Rudely she glared at me and stated I have to get permission from my boss. I picked up the phone and called the office and once again told the storey to her boss. At the time her pissey attitude stated. I'll call him on my phone!! He told her to go down and open it for us.....I have never in my 12 years of real estate encountered such a nasty person. This lady has no customer service skills and should not be in front of the public. Harmony homes is only hurting their reputation allowing her to be part of their team!
That was my 2 encounters but my poor buyer came into contact with her also. Through her rude, nasty personality she also accused him of denting his stove!! We are finally closed and happy not to have to see these people again. I will not ever bring any of my buyers to their new communtiy because of this woman. This reply is also going to their main office.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:36 PM

135 posts, read 293,253 times
What's her name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas