Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 12:37 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,483,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
Who is this abby1422667? She is another hater I guess....Newsflash...if you are good parents and stay involved in your kids lives then Las Vegas is perfect. My kids wll not shut-up about moving back becase there is soooo much more for them to do in Las Vegas than anywhere else. Being in Ohio right now, we can see the #1 zoo in the country or 2 of the top 5 amuzement parks for $65 per person, but we cannot go outside in the sun 12 months a year(yes, even in Dec-Jan Vegas is worth going out) It is spring right now and we have had rain and gloomy skies for 40 out of 47 days and now the state bird, the mosquito, is making its appearance. If they want to go do something, we have to drive 45 min to go to a movie or 1 1/2 hours to see a ball/hockey game. Las Vegas/Henderson is the perfect place to raise kids if your kids have been taught the difference in right and wrong. MomMom is right about one thing----I was a football coach in Las Vegas and I have never seen parents just drop their kid off and leave to go do their thing, not even watch the kid play the game or cheer at the game. That is a growing % of the population right now, but not enough to make crazy claims like she is making...Must not have lived there long enough, or gotton into trouble right away upon arriving
Usually when they start posting in that fashion Nolan, they've either lost their home or job, or their spouse/gf/bf has left them, they lost their money, etc..

I mean DUH, they are lamenting for the old times, yeah and I wish I was 10 again too, lol. Las Vegas has grown up and changed around them, and they SAW it unless they were locked in a closet.

Posters such as the one you are quoting, usually have a specific gripe and we'll never know what it is, but blaming something else (Las Vegas) for their problems always justifies their misfortunes in their tortured minds, lol.

It's the same for every place where someone just HAD to move there and couldn't make it work for themselves.

Hope all your plans are in full gear! Bet you can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,887 times
Default How can I contact you

I would like to know where to apply

Old 08-12-2012, 01:54 AM

2,723 posts, read 4,768,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIGIOG View Post
Do you happen to possess a time machine?

Old 08-12-2012, 12:26 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,825,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Do you happen to possess a time machine?
You appear to use one. How come you always use an out of date chart when the new one is better?

Unemployment in the U.S. - Google Public Data Explorer

Last edited by lvoc; 08-12-2012 at 12:36 PM..

Old 08-12-2012, 02:41 PM

15,870 posts, read 14,517,338 times
Lvoc,

As of your chart as of this date (this is an old thread, who knows when someone will read this), yes, the rate has dropped to 12%. Down from the peak, but far from good.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Lvoc,

As of your chart as of this date (this is an old thread, who knows when someone will read this), yes, the rate has dropped to 12%. Down from the peak, but far from good.
Actually it is on a par with US averages except for the construction industry which is not likely to recover any time in the foreseeable future.

Again if your in construction or a tech weenie it is not a good place to be. Otherwise not bad and getting better.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:45 PM

2,723 posts, read 4,768,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Actually it is on a par with US averages except for the construction industry which is not likely to recover any time in the foreseeable future.

Again if your in construction or a tech weenie it is not a good place to be. Otherwise not bad and getting better.
Employment growth is flat. The population of Clark County has declined (slightly) ergo a slight decline in unemployment.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:59 AM

13 posts, read 26,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjoe View Post
I lived in Vegas for 13 years. Only reason I left was for the cost of living going throuugh the roof. Oh yea there's nothing for kids to do. Schools are deplorable and so are the people who live there.
As far as finding a job, you need to know someone. It has gotten very coporate in that city. The ol' school is still in session. I have gotten friends of mine jobs @ major resorts ( Bellagio, MGM, Mandalay) because of who I know. If you are still serious on the move drop me a line and I can help guide you were to go apply.
It does help to know someone here as jobs are hard to find here, if you have a job that is a status symbol here.Every job I have gotten here is because I knew someone.

If I didn't have a guard card and an impeccable record I wouldn't have a job.

Last edited by observer53; 08-18-2012 at 05:08 PM..

Old 08-18-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Employment growth is flat. The population of Clark County has declined (slightly) ergo a slight decline in unemployment.
Employment in the MSA is up 1% year over year. Population is also up a small amount. The employable is down a bit causing unemployment to improve more than due to employment increase.

To some degree this has to be. We are simply not going to see a substantial recovery in construction any time soon. So the construction workers pretty much have to leave.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:00 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,149,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIGIOG View Post
at the HR offices same as every city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas