Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:13 PM

13 posts, read 16,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Why?
This is why rent goes up. Because people don't pay their rent and they trash places. Just why OP, why?

Edit: BTW, can you tell me which Apt complex? I'm looking into getting an apartment in Vegas, so I want to know which Apt Complex is run down and has crappy maintenance? LOL
VEgas place is way superior. It's a condo. One of the luxury ones. It's niccce.....

Why? Because I'm I was a young single bachelor, I guess. I'm not doing that stuff now. I'm keeping the new place up well.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:26 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,689,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy123 View Post
VEgas place is way superior. It's a condo. One of the luxury ones. It's niccce.....

Why? Because I'm I was a young single bachelor, I guess. I'm not doing that stuff now. I'm keeping the new place up well.
Did you rent the condo through a private party or a management Co?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Did you rent the condo through a private party or a management Co?
it was a management company. maybe i made a nice impression i don't know, but i had the keys in my hand and the lease signed before they checked anything.....

maybe they checked later i dunno, but the record was clean at the time...

Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,452,550 times
Quote:
Hey, you might want to ask for money in return for not thrashing the new place.

Wait a second. Ignore that. I was channeling a realtor there for a second.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:38 PM

44 posts, read 177,398 times
Default Are you serious?

You admit you are a pig with no respect for other people's property and you want advice?

My advice... if it was my property... I would be coming after you... one way or another.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inveritatemonstra View Post
You admit you are a pig with no respect for other people's property and you want advice?

My advice... if it was my property... I would be coming after you... one way or another.
Yeah the management was acting kind of like that (see above).

So when you "come after me", are you gonna give a good or fair deal, OR are u gonna try to rip me off. I vote for the later, and if so, you don't get a dime....If you were professional in your dealings, and give a fair price, that check would be in your bank account right now.

My only problem is, I don't want to be penalized for some stupid glorified "clerk" (office manger) making 1/20 of what i make in a year at some point in the future.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,689,745 times
Quote:
it was a management company. maybe i made a nice impression i don't know, but i had the keys in my hand and the lease signed before they checked anything.....

maybe they checked later i dunno, but the record was clean at the time...

Would you mind direct messaging me the name of the company? I want to make sure I don't use them (seriously,no offense).

Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Would you mind direct messaging me the name of the company? I want to make sure I don't use them (seriously,no offense).
Well they were so nice to me. I had lunch with the realtor first day. He offered to provide me weed and a hooker and we exchanged numbers (I'm not making this up) hahaha.

sorry i just can't rat out my new friend's company...he's promised to hook me up with some dates out here 2

the lady at the office was really really nice. we had a really good rapport going. i really think it wasn't their fault cause i presented some pretty compelling qualifications to them.....i was referenced them and told they were the best option for the complex i was looking at.....from an inside connection.

edit:

so are you gonna give me some tips on how to get a fair deal out of this situation....on the old place i was renting?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,048,105 times
I don't understand why people hit walls. My brother does it. You don't know if you're going to punch thru the sheetrock or break your hand on a stud. If you weren't already angry enough, broken knuckles will make you even more angry.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:00 PM

44 posts, read 177,398 times
Quote:
Yeah the management was acting kind of like that (see above).

So when you "come after me", are you gonna give a good or fair deal, OR are u gonna try to rip me off. I vote for the later, and if so, you don't get a dime....If you were professional in your dealings, and give a fair price, that check would be in your bank account right now.

My only problem is, I don't want to be penalized for some stupid glorified "clerk" (office manger) making 1/20 of what i make in a year at some point in the future.
You know... actually I was in college long ago and we had several parties, etc.. so I can relate.

What I mean by coming after you is that it will start out VERY professional but If I did not get compensation to fix my property... which would be very fair since I have contractors starving for work... I would come after you. It's not hard to find people in this day and age.

Of course... this is in consideration of one of my properties that I actually own.

And actually... If you were in one of my properties for six years and paid on time... it would probably be time to update the property anyways so I would be very lenient. I remember long ago when I first moved to Vegas of a an apartment complex that wanted $600 for a stain on their crappy laminate counters so I can relate on how stupid some managers can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas