Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 02:15 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
ANYWAY.......the flex hose drip systems do NOT use primer or glue....the are push together fittings and you have to make sure they go in as FAR as possible....its actually quite easy to do [any illegal alien can handle it ] [om man I am gonna get sooo flamed for that one

The main hose is press together....the dribblers push INTO the main hose.....
There are a couple of tricks to getting them together. Wet them and or stick them in very hot water.

An Dyn is right. The magic of a hispanic gardener makes them virtually jump together to be forever coupled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 02:51 PM

17 posts, read 179,170 times
Default Is pressure too high at valve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Does anyone know of someone here that knows about irrigation... my lines got chopped with the pool install.. i put new line around the yard but had multiple kinks which i could not straighten.. so i chopped off the kinks and put connectors.. as soon as water comes on, connectors come apart.
I had the same problem, turns out that the valve that controls water to the drip system was fully open, and it's a big valve so it was allowing full water pressure(90 lbs???) to go through and would blow the new connection right apart. Not sure why they left it that high.

I found the valve and closed the valve way down while watching the drip sprinklers I had to make sure they were still covering the same amount of ground they were before( It helps if you have some that look like very small sprinklers. It is amazing how much I could reduce the pressure before it affected the output.

Hope this helps. I do not have the gardner magic either so it was my solution. Hot water on the end of the hose helps make it easier to get the connectors in all the way as suggested above.

Might not be your problem but it sounds really familiar.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:49 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,036,241 times
thank you for all your help...was able to get them together.. of course, then i laid down the rock and topsoil and buried them.. nothing like hunting for the nozzles but all is good now... and i definitely want to check about lowering the pressure... seems way to high... to lower, is it lefty loosy or righty tighty?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:55 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,874,401 times
Normally you use a pressure reducer to reduce pressure to the whole system at the supply. They have these for both hose threads and for 3/4" pipe threads, depending on how your system is set up.

http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/dripguide.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas