Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 02:11 PM

4 posts, read 7,461 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

I most recently relocated to the seven hills/anthem area from Indiana and am having HUGE problems with my Verizon. My contract is up in the next month, so I've considered switching to either t-mobile or at&t. Does anyone live or work around this area who can offer up any advice? I'd trust you guys over the coverage maps carriers have on their websites any day

Thanks so much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 02:18 PM

14,228 posts, read 30,124,189 times
I have T-mobile. I've found I either have a great signal or none at all. I know people with various other carriers as well and it seems to me most have the same issues.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:01 PM

430 posts, read 1,315,100 times
I have T-Mobile and I haven't had any issues yet. I've only had 1 dropped call since getting here. I use my mobile number as my primary phone, I don't have a home phone.
I love T-Mobile, I have been a customer since 1999 when they were Voice Stream. I have used my T-Mobile phone in Mexico, Carribean, Canada, 8 different States and now Las Vegas!

Old 08-29-2009, 03:15 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,088,956 times
i have att, no problems around the valley at all... never had a dropped call... plus i have the iphone which is limited to att unless you jailbreak it

Old 08-30-2009, 12:25 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,797,462 times
T-Mobile no issues here anywhere in the valley.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:26 AM

654 posts, read 1,327,354 times
Sprint PCS for me, I get the odd dropped call but no more than others I know.

Most of the dropped calls I was getting were at home, so at contract renewal time I negotiated with Sprint & got an Airave at home for free. (Normally they charge you $100 up front then $5/mo.) Basically, it links into your broadband (internet) connection to function like a mini-cell tower - no more dropped calls at home. Other carriers may have something similar - it's great for handling poor reception or dropped calls at home.

I'd love to have an iPhone, but my current phone (HTC Touch Pro) is already good enough & my plan's too good to switch - for a little over $30/mo I log about 3000 minutes/month while traveling across the country. (Long distance, roaming, text messaging & unlimited data/internet included.) Too bad I can't get the same plan any more or I'd get a couple more lines for friends/family/whatever. Sprint now has a more expensive yet similar plan called the Everything Plus Referral Plan (hope I got that right). It starts at about $60/mo & includes a bunch of extras, I believe including Blackberry data services. The only caveat is you need a referral from a Sprint Employee (my guess is staff in Sprint stores would oblige).

All that said, Sprint customer service is rather poor so I've learned to function on my own & pick my battles with them. If it weren't for the cheap plan, I'd probably try another carrier. In the past, I was at AT&T customer, didn't love them but would probably go back again cuz of the iPhone. Hope this helps at least a little bit.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:43 PM

176 posts, read 512,217 times
I have T mobile and the only place I drop calls is when I'm in the mountains, or for some reason when I'm on the strip.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 AM

3,629 posts, read 7,703,702 times
I haven't had any coverage problems with T-Mobile. A few dropped calls in my home but it doesn't happen enough to be an issue and also I believe its most likely my phone acting up. I have had far more problems with text messages being delayed but it seems to only happen when texting to sprint or at&t phones. Not sure if others have shared this experience.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:37 PM

10 posts, read 24,908 times
How about Cricket or MetroPCS? I hate contract cell phone plans?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:47 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,890,174 times
I'm on AT&T with an iPhone and from my home in the Lakes my calls get dropped all the time. Most other places, no problem, but at home it's terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas