Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 11:51 PM

6 posts, read 21,599 times

Advertisements

I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts on my wanting to move from Los Angeles (*shudder*) to the Vegas area. I'm all set to tour some neighborhoods and apartments (I leave for a week on Tuesday), and through this site and apartmentratings compiled a list of places to look at in Henderson. Any thoughts on the places or neighborhoods would be much appreciated:

Remington Canyon
1000 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89074-8790

Camden Summit
2675 Windmill Pkwy Henderson, NV 89074

Traverse Point
45 Maleena Mesa Street
Henderson, NV 89074

Equestrian Apartments
10701 South Eastern Avenue
Henderson, NV 89052

Of course, if there are any must-see places I've left off, please let me know. I'm trying to keep my rent between 800-1200, for at least a 2bed/1bath with decent amenities (a fitness center and pool would be nice). I also have two cats, so that limits things a little bit (I realize there's often pet rent - I'm not factoring that into my budget). Of course, it'd also be nice to be within 20-30 minutes of the strip (barring traffic), but even more importantly a decent shopping center would be excellent.

However, I'm also very interested in Summerlin, but can't seem to find as much there. The one place I've found outside of Henderson, that's not even really near Summerlin it seems, is:

Camden Del Mar‎
9225 W Charleston Blvd

Other than that, the only places (only a few, which is strange to me considering how recommended the area as a whole is) I've seen on the boards recommended in Summerlin are places that do not allow pets.

Finally, today in my poking around, I noticed that there is some praise of South Strip/Silverado (I know nothing of Vegas geography aside from the bare minimum) as a good place for young single professionals for its close location to the strip and decent area...but the only places I've seen mentioned are condos, and I'm definitely not looking to buy until at least a year of renting. Any places there would be greatly appreciated, as based on what I've read the south/southeast areas appeal a little more (Summerlin almost sounds more like LA than LV...though I still would love some recommended places/areas to look at there, since I AM going for a week.)

Thanks again for all the help provided already...hopefully I can snake out a little more from you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 07:15 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,927,117 times
Out of the Henderson apts, I would choose the Equestrian. But that's just because I personally like the 89052 area better (personal preference).

If you like Summerlin, try looking at some of the areas just south of Summerlin. It's a brand new area with lots of apartment complexes to choose from (St Clair, Hampton Garden, Alicante Villas, etc.).

Old 08-29-2009, 04:01 PM

Thank you, radraja. Is there anything necessarily worse about the other zips in Henderson? I know that every every has good spots and bad...definitely want to lean toward the good.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 PM

278 posts, read 792,015 times
Henderson's on the southeast side of town, summerlin's on the west side. Do you need to be on a particular side of town?

Currently, I live at the Resort at the Lakes (which actually isn't in the Lakes, but is in Spring Valley; right next to Summerlin). They allow pets (additional 20 bucks/month). 2 bedroom may be in your price range (1375 for a 3 bedroom/2.5 bath, 2 car garage; guard gated, 2 pools, small fitness center).

Old 08-30-2009, 11:51 AM

450 posts, read 1,515,452 times
I actually went to look at apartments yesterday and Traverse Point was one that I checked out. Nice layout on the 2bd/2bath, and their special right now is $833.00/month for the smaller one downstairs if I'm not mistaken. The only thing I did not like about it, was that the complex is located below I-215. There is a noise reduction wall, but the highway is right there. The area is still being developed. I also looked at Cielo up on Horizon Ridge Parkway and I loved that area!!! Their 1bd/1ba is going for $783.00 right now though.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:13 PM

Very nice - I'll check out Cielo and Resort at the Lakes as well. As far as noise, I live right next to the 405 in LA. I was scared when I first moved in that the noise would drive me crazy, but after about a week I couldn't hear it unless I was trying to, and never over the AC. People are different ways though.

Would anyone happen to know anything about the "South strip" area? That seems to be the only place where I'm finding only condos, but no apartments, and I'm reluctant to rent from a private renter until I decide I want to live there for a while.

Thanks again for this great stuff!

Old 08-30-2009, 08:38 PM

176 posts, read 511,132 times
I love cielo they have a ton of amenities and its really quite, plus theirs a ton of shopping in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas