Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 AM

968 posts, read 2,066,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
inventory is NOT depleted.
I disagree. Multiple bid situations are the common. Marketplace dynamics suggest the curve has shifted towards demand.

Certainly that may change when City Center opens and if there is a large backlog of inventory being held back by the banks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 11:32 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,289,400 times
In some ways there is lots of inventory. But if you want say a Signature unit at a good price not much.

Signature has about 131 units for sale in the normal sales category. 65 are shorts and 48 are non-distressed and 18 are REOs. The last 60 days we sold 32 REOs, 4 shorts and 1 non-distressed. So if your interest is a deal on a REO there is perhaps a month of inventory. If you wish to chase shorts there is lots of inventory...but again with perhaps 50 in the contingent category we actually closed 4 in the last sixty days.

So I would think it a very tight and competitive market if you want a well priced REO. Shorts you are in heaven...however you may never get one done. The non-distressed are not offering the value of the others.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:35 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,537,870 times
i follow platinum more than MGM way more , and i know there have been units priced in the $119k sitting there forever. Unit 207 and 617 for example- they are priced somewhat competitively so how can there be all these mulitiple bids if they aren't getting sold? When we call our broker - she doesn't seem to see multiple bids but the prices are still over $100k and that's too high based on income.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:07 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,349,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I am sure 007, who works this area a lot will be along in a bit.

In general the highrise and condohotel is in a power dive. City Center is going to offer new pricing to those signed up. The only stability at this point appears to be Signature where the little condo hotel units are stabilizing at around $300 psf. Boca Raton is now being offered at $200 psf and is not selling.

So you may want to wait a while. Be careful of stability of the HOAs. That should be OK in the condohotels but not elsewhere. Watch out for usage restrictions on the condohotels.
By what percentage do you expect City Center and other properties to discount their prices?

Old 08-30-2009, 05:16 PM

139 posts, read 459,495 times
Eh... I'm too good at the arithamatik.

10 years??? Are you kidding? There could be a massive earthquake next week which will level the strip and california.

But I AM betting on hyperinflation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
At $79k, the studios would be $152, not about $200. Not disputing your contention that the units may sell at that level 12 months from now, just your math.

But since you're prognosticating.......

Where do you see prices 10-15 years from now?

With the possibility, if not the probability of hyper-inflation several years down the road, what do you think the chances are that a condo on the strip could be had for anything approaching $100k at that point in time?

Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,959,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
By what percentage do you expect City Center and other properties to discount their prices?
Right now there is talk that CityCenter is going to lower their prices 30% however they are making buyers sign a confidentiallity contract for any negotiations in prices. They are going to start closing on condos in the Manderine first, due to the fact that most of the folks there will probably be cash buyers in Manderine, units started at over 1.8 mil and went up.

I would wait on purchasing anything at CityCenter until the dust settles give it about 3 to 6 months .
The other highrise properties closed on the existing buyers first and after they did , the builders lowered the prices of the remaining inventory which cause the all ready sold units to be upside down.

City Center is talking about having their own financing due to the problems of banks wanting to lend on condos'.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:19 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,959,889 times
Quote:
i follow platinum more than MGM way more , and i know there have been units priced in the $119k sitting there forever. Unit 207 and 617 for example- they are priced somewhat competitively so how can there be all these mulitiple bids if they aren't getting sold? When we call our broker - she doesn't seem to see multiple bids but the prices are still over $100k and that's too high based on income.
Platinum has issues it has 3 class action lawsuits against it, and there is allot more fees, lfor instance if you don't put your property in the rental pool you are charged an addition $700.00 a month fee to the HOA.

I have noticed lately allot less multiple bids on condotels, if there is multiple bids it's usually so cheap and the people want to own a vaction property an the high HOA's wont' matter.
The last time I checked a couple of weeks ago the property management at MGM takes 46% of income generated off a unit.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,349,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
Right now there is talk that CityCenter is going to lower their prices 30% however they are making buyers sign a confidentiallity contract for any negotiations in prices. They are going to start closing on condos in the Manderine first, due to the fact that most of the folks there will probably be cash buyers in Manderine, units started at over 1.8 mil and went up.

I would wait on purchasing anything at CityCenter until the dust settles give it about 3 to 6 months .
The other highrise properties closed on the existing buyers first and after they did , the builders lowered the prices of the remaining inventory which cause the all ready sold units to be upside down.

City Center is talking about having their own financing due to the problems of banks wanting to lend on condos'.

Do you think apartments at City Center are still overvalued even after a 30% discount? If so, what percentage do you think the discount should be?

The overall market in the LV area has declined more than that, so a 30% discount does not offer purchasers a fair price.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:07 AM

968 posts, read 2,066,880 times
Quote:
We stayed at the Platinum a couple of months ago when visiting Las Vegas. It was very nice. I liked the non-smoking, non-gaming aspect. The location is very good, close but not on the strip. I lost out on a unit on a multiple bid situation. But you have to watch out, some of the foreclosed units were nearly ransacked by the prior owners ie TV, frig, etc removed. Almost as bad as many of the Meridian units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas