Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:22 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,906,913 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to Lake Las Vegas but am concerned about the status of the development and the high HOA. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 09:17 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
Gorgeous area, they just repaired the pipes under the lake. The economy has caused the 2 golf courses to close even though they are still being maintained. Close to Lake Mead, but you will have to drive to go shopping.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:02 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKate View Post
I am considering moving to Lake Las Vegas but am concerned about the status of the development and the high HOA. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Lake Las Vegas has some serious issues, the HOA's have risen due to the high foreclosure rate in the different communities, and two of the golfing communities have been abandoned to the city of Henderson. some of the ponds have been drained and the falls have been shut off.

If your looking on the south end of the shore that is where Celine Dion lives along with other wealthy home owners who are trying to purchase that end of the lake along with the golf course over there. But due to the bankruptcy filed by the main developer has impeded their efforts,

The other side of the lake has so many foreclosures due to so many would be investors that the properties were left to the banks to take back. It is very far away from any convienant shopping there is a little store down by the lake where other shops are.

If your retired an or work at home then living out there wouldn't be so bad, but if your a working person and have to drive into work every day or if you have children that need to go to school it's not the most ideal situation. It is a destination resort not the usual master planned community.

I am not trying to discourage you but, to enlighten you so you can make an informed decision.

If you have allot of money and you can wait out the housing bust while you live out there than go for it. It is a beautiful place and it's sad to see it in such a mess. Good luck

Old 08-01-2009, 09:40 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,917,193 times
Lake Las Vegas is dead. Or at least it was last time I was there.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:26 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
There are so many threads on this topic - why not spend a minute a take a look at them.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:15 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,906,913 times
Default Lake Las Vegas insights

Thanks for the info everyone. Am considering retiring to the area and you've been very helpful.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKate View Post
Thanks for the info everyone. Am considering retiring to the area and you've been very helpful.
LLV has a degree of risk. that generally says to be very careful about retiring there.

You cannot pin down what it will end up costing you to live there.

Not a good idea if you are retired.

If you want a nice quiet place though it may work out. That may however mean the place is a total failure.

Ain't life wonderful...

Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 AM

21 posts, read 69,033 times
Olecapt sums it up for me personally why I have excluded LLV from my buying plans for Vegas...I cannot determine what it will cost to live there.

I really loved the place and quite is OK with me, so I am keeping an eye on any new news/improvement in the state of things out there. However as it stands HOA fees are a deal breaker.

Having said that:

Is there any parts of LLV with more reasonable HOA fees or are all through the roof, $800pm range?.

Regarding the future, can we see any hope in more reasonable HOAs (I know that is a bit of crystal ball gazing), or is it a lost cause for those like myself, who could afford the purchase cost of a condo or townhome there, but could not swallow current (or higher) HOA costs.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 AM

325 posts, read 962,463 times
Is LLV at a higher elevation than the strip? Is it cooler in the summer?

Old 08-03-2009, 10:12 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altajoe View Post
Is LLV at a higher elevation than the strip? Is it cooler in the summer?
Sure- it'll only be 113 when the strip is 115...lol

It's at a higher elevation, but not enough to make an appreciable difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas