Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 04:21 PM

17 posts, read 60,036 times

Advertisements

I have a 2000 Jetta that is severely needing a paint job. Anyone know of any good shops in town that are reasonably priced and trustworthy? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 05:14 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
Being in Cleveland having a car lot for 16 yrs, I do know that maaco does one heck of a job but I never get the bottom service. If it's black, get the better enamel for about 350. I'm currently having a Nissan quest painted base coat clear coat for 800. These prices are before any bodywork. Go later in the day and check out there work

Old 06-26-2009, 06:47 PM

391 posts, read 1,713,465 times
I had a very simple repair job at Same Day Paint (on Sunset). Very, very reasonable price. However, I can't really comment on how well they would handle your job. I will say they seem to do some high-end custom jobs and on classics, if that's an indication of quality (maybe some of these customers can't really afford the best, but you usually don't trust such jobs to hacks).

Check them out. If there is no body work and you just need some spotting, probably a good cheap bet. If you're not picky, then you probably can't lose. And I'm in no way questioning their expertise, but someone else told me they also got recommended to go there.

I found a few reviews, two of the three very unfavorable, but you can find that with most any shop. At least one of the unfavorable seemed legit because he got the names right, but the BS meter on his post was sky high.

Note, they are not BBB accredited, however the BBB still processes complaints and they have none the last 36 months for either location. They've been in business for over 20 years. I mean, a search online and two negative complaints, and none with BBB (and research claims 40% of dissatisfied customers know and would contact the BBB).

Last edited by ClarkGrisowld; 06-26-2009 at 07:01 PM..

Old 06-26-2009, 06:53 PM

391 posts, read 1,713,465 times
As a caveat, wherever you choose, you should do some research into what your job entails then have them walk you thru their process. Also, try to find out (from another source) how much labor the "book" says the job will take. Heck, go to a Jetta dealer because dealers tend to charge based on the book (that's how they pay their larger overhead) while mom&pop shops will beat their price because the real job time is typically half that of book for an experienced guy. So, good litmus test if the guy quotes you a labor number that suggests they are taking shortcuts.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:47 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,860 times
Most of these cheap paint shops will use cheap paint (such as Nason). You get what your pay for, however if you just want a so so paint job, any of those shops like Macco or Earl Shriebs will do. However, its all in the prep work and you will pay more for good body work than someone spraying a paint job on a car. I ususaly prep the car myself and fix any dings it may have and make sure you have a good surface for that paint to stick to. Otherwise, a good factory looking paint job can cost 2-3K

Old 06-28-2009, 11:01 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
i will also state that Maaco is NOT the one you want doing the body work.. They can do a decent job with the paint, but the body work is much less than desired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas