Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:05 AM

3 posts, read 5,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabsinger1 View Post
I've lived in Vegas for 6-1/2 years and never felt the need to have a weapon either in my house or on me. There are bad areas, just like anywhere else, but you avoid them. There are many nice areas, too. I live in Mountain's Edge and it's very nice. You should be able to get a deal on a house since so many people are upside down and short-selling right now.
I would hope that was because there is no threat. But you would be on the risk side of that line. Check public stats and neighborhoods that had a rash of daytime smash and robs. More when new development was close to the crime locations. HMMM? Easy to see to folks leaving for work every day and when they return. All I am saying is caution is not a bad thing. Combined with vigilance and if you have the stomach a means to defend yourself your world is more secure. It's not like stubbing your toe, you may only get one time to change an outcome. I am not a cynic, but a realist. I am pro P.D. and many are friends or train with me. There job is to respond mostly. Too few resources to provide a preventative responsibility. They do the best I have seen anywhere but the reality is blunt. Embrace it or enjoy the bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 11:15 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I've got bank owned on both sides. I had to report the mosquito hatchery in the pool in one of them. County came out and put in fish, then city came out and drained it. A few days later I noticed the lights were back on and I heard the pool filter running. I investigated and found the bank was taking responsibility for it finally and put water back in the pool. On the other side they replaced all the hard wood floors last week and I saw an appraiser out yesterday. She told me the bank had taken it back again from the LLC that had been bought it, and there is a for sale sign out again. Good signs I guess. Wish I could buy either one of them. Mine is nice. They are nicer.
Were you on the news about this? I saw a news report about this. I am really hoping the mosquitos don't get out of hand. I love not dealing with them, after coming from MI!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas