Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:02 PM

609 posts, read 2,118,249 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving to the LV area. Prefer to be far away from town.

Looking for some good websites with foreclosures, new builds etc.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 01:43 PM

444 posts, read 1,615,173 times
www.lasvegasrealtor.com/site/home.asp

Old 04-22-2009, 02:02 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,508 times
I checked the above recommended website and I personally think Realtor.com is much better. More definitive, without a doubt. As far as repo lists, realtors generally hold them tight to their chests. I have never seen any published for the general public. To find new builds, I would probably key in "new home builders of Las Vegas." There are quite a few large ones and generally their websites will show you what they are currently building with the plans for the models and prices. In the current economy, it is not too wise to look at new builds. Much better deals can be found on resales.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:05 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Or you can post a spec and a price range and magically a DM will appear with a link to likely properties.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I checked the above recommended website and I personally think Realtor.com is much better. More definitive, without a doubt. As far as repo lists, realtors generally hold them tight to their chests. I have never seen any published for the general public. To find new builds, I would probably key in "new home builders of Las Vegas." There are quite a few large ones and generally their websites will show you what they are currently building with the plans for the models and prices. In the current economy, it is not too wise to look at new builds. Much better deals can be found on resales.
Same data base...and the GLVAR site is more up to date. Then again Realtor.com may be easier to navigate.

Nothing secret about REPOs. It is a field in the MLS listing and is required. I have no idea why that field is not included in the public listing but I have no trouble supplying those to whoever wants them. Let me check the various data bases and see who provides the best access...they are all the same data by the way...differing in presentation. The Realtor.com is done via a data feed rather than live and tends to have inaccurate older records. They don't update sufficiently often.

But let me go look. Maybe I will make a poll. And we can all take a crack at what works best.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:16 PM

482 posts, read 1,372,062 times
I used ziprealty. But, didn't use their agents. I was searching from Virginia, and had spent little time here. This will sound kind of crazy, but I pinpointed the 5 Trader Joe's Stores and searched within radiuses of their stores. They spend a huge amount of money researching areas to place their stores. Only where there are educated, and somewhat wealthy clients do they locate. Some may want to live near Popeye's, others may not want to live anywhere near a Popeye's.

Then I looked throught he Assessor records to find out how much, when, etc... And The Capt. provided me with some very sound advice on neighborhoods. The crime map is spot on.

I love my 35K condo, and Summerlin is the nicest planned community I have ever visited or lived in.

Use a combination of word of mouth, public records, location-location-location, and go with your gut.
I would also avoid the condo conversions.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:26 PM

My site allows full search for REOs and Shorts. There is a field for it.

Las Vegas Homes for Sale

I also allow access to details without a signup.

This is pretty much a straight feed from Prudential so there should be dozen of sites...and I would expect the other brokerages are the same.

So if you don't want mine sift through a search for RE in Las Vegas and check the inviduals agents until you find one with the REPO and short fields and open access to the details. I am sure there are dozens...

Old 04-22-2009, 05:46 PM

609 posts, read 2,118,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Or you can post a spec and a price range and magically a DM will appear with a link to likely properties.
Looking for a single level, newer home, good area away from downtown, very suburbia or even 55+ or gated, max price is $175,000.

Waiting for the magical DM.

Thanks

Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 PM

14 posts, read 38,497 times
Quote:
Looking for a home in Summerlin, preferably Staton, Bonner or Givens school district, with Sig. Rogich for middle school. 4 Bdrm with over 2200 sq feet. Max price 300,000.

Also waiting for the magical DM.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:01 AM

48 posts, read 213,630 times
AFTER doing a good search AND narrowing down the area, price, type of home, etc. Is it possible to simply fly to Vegas, spend a week or ten days and make a cash deal for a home you want to buy? This assumes I'm working with an agent all ready and have a few "drive by" viewings lined up.

What about REPO's? Do they take considerably longer to purchase? My basic plan is to fly in, pay cash, fly out, wait till the sale closes and move! Am I dreaming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: