Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 03:32 AM

9 posts, read 20,512 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am planning to buy a few foreclosures in 89107-89108 as long term holdings.
Going to board them up or bulldoze. Hoping to buy 2 for under $35K

What do you think will happen to LV by 2020

Do you know of any untapped market demands?
I have read that most of the residents here are in the service industry, what types of products or services could be offered to these people?

Do most people eat out? Or do alot of the families cook at home?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 04:03 AM

162 posts, read 467,577 times
12 years from now the crab people will have taken over the contiguous U.S.;Las Vegas will be under their rule. All hail crab people! No? OK...

12 years from now is a LOOOOOOOOONNNG time from now, and as such, real predictions are impossible. There are just too many intangibles. Major laws will be changed, major events will have taken place, cultural shifts, economy rising and falling, etc. Las Vegas is a service industry city, and thats all it will be(in the predictable future anyways) The absolute only reason for this city is gambling. Otherwise who would want to live in a bleak desert that 11 months out of the year is either freezing cold or scorching hot?! Per capita, Las Vegas has one of the lowest percentage of college-educated citizens, and for good measure; Las Vegas thrives on tourism and gaming, but why would any other large industries want to come to Vegas?! Business taxes are higher than many states, we are not close to a major shipping hub(like largely incorporated cities such as LA, san Diego, San Francisco, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Houston, etc)the quality of life is lacking here(A whole other thread but yes, in comparison to many other cities and states, it is), higher crime, corrupt politicians(actually, those are everywhere) and the list goes on...

Truth be told, this board is not huge on giving advice to "flippers" anyways, considering they are a huge part of what got us into this mess... Good luck in your ventures, sorry we don't have a crystal ball, and enjoy the city for what it is...

Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
Well I can only say one thing.... In 10 years, my prediction is that las vegas will still be in the middle of the desert!

Kid.......freezing???

Old 02-22-2009, 10:49 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
The way the future holds, who knows??????? I would probably just take that 35K and play craps or roulette and call it a day.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:10 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
36° 5' n 115° 10' w

Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
I predict the big one will finally hit before 2020 in California, and take all of Southern Cal into the Pacific. There will be a tsunami wave that will reach to Las Vegas, refilling Lake Mead. After everything current has been then washed out to sea, Las Vegas will be selling itself as ocean view property.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:50 AM

162 posts, read 467,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Kid.......freezing???
Haha, Well, I'm from Hawaii so its all relative

And JFK, I hope youre right, if there was a beach here, I'd never leave!

Old 02-22-2009, 01:28 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I predict the big one will finally hit before 2020 in California, and take all of Southern Cal into the Pacific. There will be a tsunami wave that will reach to Las Vegas, refilling Lake Mead. After everything current has been then washed out to sea, Las Vegas will be selling itself as ocean view property.
And then Yucca Mountain would release itself into the ocean and spread disease...which is why Yucca Mountain shouldn't be reopened due to environmental reasons...

Old 02-22-2009, 01:45 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
I swear I'm going to go through here someday and make a list for posterity of all the dumb, insulting, ignorant questions that people, mostly from the east, come up with.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:50 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post
Haha, Well, I'm from Hawaii so its all relative

And JFK, I hope youre right, if there was a beach here, I'd never leave!
I always wondered why people from Hawaii migrate to LV and talk about how great Hawaii is?? I know its a nice place, but then why leave and complain about the new city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas