Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 01:50 PM

4 posts, read 6,498 times

Advertisements

Hi Everybody, New here, and have a few questions, Im hoping some of you can help me out. First I would like to Explain my situation.

I live and own 3 Homes in San Diego, and 2 in Las Vegas which are rented out, I have just lost my job in the Aerospace sector as a Manuf. tech and was give a 60 day layoff notice (the Warn Act) . I was just Interviewed by a Major Military Aerospace Co. this week and was told that I would be hired once my Background check comes thru.
My Concerns are that Calif (state and Local Gov.) is so Screwed up right now and Arnold wants to Double our Reg vehicle fee's this year on top of every other Tax man can Create for my Loved California I am now thinking of Moving into 1 of my house's in Vegas, Its a 4yr old home with 5/2/2 car garage in a Centex home Community, It is off of Craig Rd and the 215 loop is Physically viewable.

My Questions are.

1. What are Vehicle Reg fee,
2.Do you have Smog Checks every 2 years
3.Is there still water Rationing for lawns and washing cars?
4.Do you need to have off-road reg stickers for Dirtbikes, buggys/quads
5.Is their any Aerospace Manuf. jobs other then Nellis.
6. Any other Taxes of Fees one may incur , Like SIDS etc. while living in Vegas.

Sorry about the long short story, by the way I plan to rent my current home here (S.D) just in case we ever revolt against the Machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 05:32 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,735,402 times
Car registration is also high here in Clark County. Remember when the govenator made your registration cheap when he entered office? Well, its going back to up to pre 2003 levels and is probably going to be more than Clark County.

You have to smog your car here in Clark County EVERY YEAR!, but its less than 20 bucks.

There is water rationing, you can only water on certain days and you can get coupons for certain car wash places.

The next 3 quesitons I'm not sure, so I will leave it blank.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:38 PM

25 posts, read 120,186 times
Estimate your vehicle reg below:

https://dmvapp.state.nv.us/VR_Estima...tionInput.aspx

Old 02-21-2009, 06:26 PM

4 posts, read 6,498 times
WOW, I have a 07 Shelby Cobra , and low balled it according to this Web site, almost 500 dollars just for 1 of my Cars, I also have 2 more cars, 1 R.V. 1 boat, 3 Harleys and 6 off road bikes. ...........and I thought I had it bad here in Cali ? Looks like Im staying put, and Raising my Rents in Vegas. JK about the Rents. Thanks this was really helpful !

State of Nevada Vehicle Registration Fee Estimate

This is the information that you provided Vehicle Identification Number: n/a Vehicle Type: Auto, Pickup Truck, Passenger Van, Motor Home Vehicle Year: 2007 Vehicle Make: ford Truck Gross Weight (lbs.): n/a Trailer Unladen Weight (lbs.): n/a Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $35,000. County: CLARK
A Vehicle Identification Number search returned the following Vehicle Year: n/a Vehicle Make: n/a Truck Gross Weight: n/a Trailer Unladen Weight: n/a Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $n/a
Approximate Fee Breakdown As of Saturday, February 21, 2009 Basic Registration Fee: $33 Governmental Services Tax: $368 Supplemental Gov. Services Tax: $92 Motor Safety Fee: n/a Total Estimated Registration Fees: $499.

Last edited by redcobrasc; 02-21-2009 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: adding pix

Old 02-21-2009, 06:57 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,317,839 times
You don't want to register "toys" in Nevada unless your income is here. The good news here is no income taxes. The bad news is that all personal property is taxed about the same as Real Estate.

If I remember correctly though CA catches property taxes on non automoblies that are equivalent to NV. ie boats and such. CA gets a break on cars but not other things. Or did that all change with Arnold?

So if you can't save the income tax you are going to get screwed...

Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 PM

844 posts, read 2,107,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
You have to smog your car here in Clark County EVERY YEAR!.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Say it ain't so I have a '94 that has been highly modified (no smog ever in Kentucky).

*heart crushed*

Old 02-21-2009, 09:50 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,485,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Say it ain't so I have a '94 that has been highly modified (no smog ever in Kentucky).

*heart crushed*
There are ways around that, just gotta know people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: