Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 04:24 PM

13 posts, read 199,030 times

Advertisements

Could anyone let me know about Lone Mtn. zip 89129. Is this area old or part new? Do some of the home view the mountains and is there shopping plus is it easy to get downtown. Being next to Summerlin I would think it is nice. Also what about zip 89074 and 89143. Live out of town and looking to by in these zips. Any info would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 05:29 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3333 View Post
Could anyone let me know about Lone Mtn. zip 89129. Is this area old or part new? Do some of the home view the mountains and is there shopping plus is it easy to get downtown. Being next to Summerlin I would think it is nice. Also what about zip 89074 and 89143. Live out of town and looking to by in these zips. Any info would be helpful.
89129 is my home zip. As most are aware I practice RE there.

89129 is basically two zones. That from Cheyenne to Alexander and Alexander to Lone Mountain. The first is higher density tract housing mostly in the City of Las Vegas. Sizes sgo from 1000 to 4000 square feet. There are a few condos also in the mix. Ranges from 250K to over 500K. Lots are generally tight. Built mostly from 1990 to 2005. The east end is genrally older than the west end.

The second zone from Alexander to Lone Mountain is mostly the RNP (Rural Neighborhood Preservation) zone. This is all zoned for 1/2 acre minimums. There is some higher density homes on the periphery. It starts at 500K and goes to 2 million or so. The size range is generally pretty big mostly 2000 to 5000 SF. The place has been built up over 35 years with most of the building in the last 20. There is considerable one off and small development construction still underway. The area is almost entirely in the County of Clark though there are small city enclaves.

89129 commercial is concentrated along Cheyenne and between Teneya and the 95. The zone sometimes extends in a block or so from Cheyenne on the side streets.

Many homes have nice views. Particularly at the wester end. Almost all properties show at least partial mountain views. Some spectacular 180 Strip and city views exist near Lone Mountain.

89143 is what is often called Centennial Town. 225K to 500K. Basically City of Las Vegas. Middle to high density tracts. Reasonable service along 95 and at 95 and 215. Virtually all built in the last 10 years. Still actively building to the north.

I believe 89074 is near south of strip south of the airport. Outside my area of good knowledge so I pass.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:16 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,371,880 times
Like olecapt, I lived in 89129 just behind the Savon shopping center an Cheyenne at Soarling Gulls. The Northshores masterplan community is nice, and you get views of the mountains to the north and west. Honestly, there's usually "some" mountain view from just about anyplace in the valley.

We never really had to leave the immediate are to go shopping- there was a supermarket, restaurants, etc. all right nearby, and a Walmart just over the freeway off Cheyenne and Rainbow. Getting to downtown was as easy as taking Cheyenne around a mile to 95, and about 7 miles from there if I remember correctly.

Bob

Old 03-16-2007, 08:33 PM

13 posts, read 199,030 times
Thank you so much. If you can think of anything else please pass it along.
Sounds like 89129 could work, maybe. Thanks again.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,683,662 times
If I were you, I would go to 89129, it is closest to a lot of the major shopping in Las Vegas.

89074 has many cons and just a few pros.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:57 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,309 times
Personally I'd go to Green Valley or as close to it as you can get. I spent almost ten years living in Vegas and only recently moved. In my OPINION it's by far the nicest area around. I emphasize opinion because if I say "it is" people will jump down my throat because they disagree. We all have our own opinions, mine is that the Green Valley area is by far the best.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:34 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,340,834 times
redwingsfan,

could you expand on why you think this? I just got back from my trip/interview. My job is in Boulder City and I have to find an apartment. I know there is really nothing there so I have to look in the Henderson area to be reasonably close to BC.

Dont mean to hijack the thread but I'm also intererested in what zip code this is....is it 89014?

Old 03-17-2007, 08:11 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,309 times
Why do I like the Green Valley area the most? I've researched it a lot and it has a lower crime rate, matches my demographic preferences better, better schools, it's clean and nice, lots of good restaurants and shopping areas, etc. I lived there almost 10 years, so I"m very familiar with the city, but I like that the best of all. I also like the Summerlin area, it's beautiful over there. But the schools are actually better in Green Valley and have the demographics that I like.

Keep in mind that others will disagree. Everyone likes something different. But if I were to move back there again it would most certainly be to Green Valley, hands down.

If you are commuting to Boulder City you can choose to live in Boulder City, which it's very nice there, or Henderson (Green Valley) won't be a bd commute for you.

Some areas of the zip code you mention are near Green Valley, but not acually in it. I'd some of the area there is okay, but there are some houses going down Boulder Highway I think that fall into that zip code. I wouldn't want to buy along there, the houses are really smacked up next to each other and it's not as nice.

YOu can see a zip code map here: http://www.greatlasvegashomes.com/la...s_zipcodes.htm

Old 03-17-2007, 08:19 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,340,834 times
thanks, very helpful. well, I have not seen any decent apartments in boulder city and I am not ready to buy anything...and since I do everything online until I move, there are just more online resources for apartment finding in Henderson...no pictures and stuff for boulder city apartments (and the ones I saw from the road looked more like motels though Boulder City is nice in general, maybe one day I will buy there if I decide to stay!

Thanks for the map/info I think I will look into green valley area, have been looking at stuff all day and I get such conflicting information from the apartment reviews and such, and I think Summerlin is just too far to commute.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:13 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Basically Redwingfan likes GV because she know no better. Her fondness for that area is close to a fetish. In general most people approaching living in Las Vegas should ignore her as she is uttlerly wrong and misleading in her choices as to where to live.

However there are exceptions to all rules. If you can't afford to live in BC the only sensible place is Henderson. Not GV..but Henderson. There are a reasonable set of places there that will meet you needs. Stay as far south as you can get. Stay near the freeway. But you should be able to get to wotrk in 20 minutes with little trouble.

And when you can afford it buy in BC. It is hard to get in there. Enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas