Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2007, 07:19 AM

278 posts, read 1,084,932 times

Advertisements

Ok, I have this list of homes I have watching for the last 3 months and all of a sudden 12 homes went inactive. I wonder how many of these sold and how many were pulled off of the market. Half were in Summerlin and half in Green Valley. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,068,865 times
On Zip, right? You and I must be watching some of the same properties. Their site has been having some trouble for the last week or so. According to them, nothing sold for about a week, then lots of sales!

Expired listings, a realtor can tell for sure. Or you can guess. If it was listed on, for example, the 10th and it goes off the market on the 10th that's a big clue. Also when homes sell, they aren't always removed from the MLS. A home on my list had 5 failed sales during the time it was listed.

I was so depressed last night, some of my favorites are gone. I will be watching carefully for the next few days to see how many are re-listed.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:36 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,415,169 times
If I may ask, where are you guys tracking these properties? I'm asuming it's not on realtor.com?

Bob

Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
If I may ask, where are you guys tracking these properties? I'm asuming it's not on realtor.com?

Bob
On www.ziprealty.com. It's amazing. Instant comps and the dreaded Zillow are available. You can also look up everything on the market within a certain distance. You can track 100 homes at a time. Also get the last sale dates and price. Number of days on the market and all the price reduction info.

As far as the online services go, I think Zip makes Realtor.com look like a horse and buggy. I know nothing about using their realtors or face to face services but they also claim to refund part of their comission to the buyer. All I can say is the website is the best!

Old 03-15-2007, 09:07 AM

How'd you guess. Less, I love Zip Realty. Much better than realtor.com. Definitely more up to date. Most of the houses I lost were not the ones I had to have, but it still was quite surprising.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:46 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,242,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOHR View Post
How'd you guess. Less, I love Zip Realty. Much better than realtor.com. Definitely more up to date. Most of the houses I lost were not the ones I had to have, but it still was quite surprising.
It is what is called an LDX site. That is the standard feed from GLVAR.

There are problems with it...simply limited information...for instance look at 4234 Sharon Lan CR. Listed for 819K. On the market 18 days. If however you dig a little deeper it is bank owned...likely a foreclosure. It was actually first listed in August for $819K and reduced in October to 779K. They bought the place in April of 05 for 725K... Zillow estimates it is worth 752K. I would offer 690K and expect to buy it right around 700K.

Some of this can be gleaned from public records...ownership and foreclosures and last sales are available through the assessor data base. That is a way to check if a home has sold or been withdrawn. Note that it is better to search the document base in the recorders office. Pick the name of the seller from the assessor and then search for a deed. Those come up in an hour or two after a sale. The Assessors base may be a while.

Zip realty basically offers a 20% rebate...they charge 80% of a regular buyers agent. I will leave it to the buyers to decide if they are really worth that much...You often get what you pay for.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It is what is called an LDX site. That is the standard feed from GLVAR.

There are problems with it...simply limited information...for instance look at 4234 Sharon Lan CR. Listed for 819K. On the market 18 days. If however you dig a little deeper it is bank owned...likely a foreclosure. It was actually first listed in August for $819K and reduced in October to 779K. They bought the place in April of 05 for 725K... Zillow estimates it is worth 752K. I would offer 690K and expect to buy it right around 700K.

Some of this can be gleaned from public records...ownership and foreclosures and last sales are available through the assessor data base. That is a way to check if a home has sold or been withdrawn. Note that it is better to search the document base in the recorders office. Pick the name of the seller from the assessor and then search for a deed. Those come up in an hour or two after a sale. The Assessors base may be a while.

Zip realty basically offers a 20% rebate...they charge 80% of a regular buyers agent. I will leave it to the buyers to decide if they are really worth that much...You often get what you pay for.
I agree they also have their problems but all in all, it's the most information easily available online to the average prospective buyer. It's a great resource. Especially if you add in all the search and tracking abilities. Lots to learn on that site.

All of this is online pie in the sky stuff. When it comes down to actually buying it's another story.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM

Oh, i would never use them as a realtor but they definitely are a great search engine. Out of the sites I surf, they are definitely the most useful. I think all realestate sites, especially realtor.com, should convert to this setup. And a lot of times they do state if the home is in foreclosure or short sale. If not, that is what your realtor is for.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 AM

Lost 4 more off the list today. But that's okay because we should be closing on our home at the end of the month. Guess I'll be in Vegas by Easter!! I'm very excited and terrified at the same time I wish my home would sell here!!
The market inventory here keeps climbing and the people who bought the new builds in the last 4 years are starting to dump their's at a loss and of the course the new builds are starting to give themselves away. I'm hoping when the weather warms up the buyers will come out of hibernation. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas