Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 05:30 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times

Advertisements

i am assuming the "bad" parts of north las vegas are around D street is this correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 05:45 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemspy View Post
I think some people in this thread are being a bit misleading to potential new residents who are sounding out locations in Vegas that are nice to live. Parts of NLV may be ok for you personally, but who could recommend the place as a whole to someone looking for a nice, safe environment? Talk about Henderson or the Southwest or even Northwest, but NLV and anything due east of the strip are (with a few exceptions) rather nasty.

Sure, there are some great parts of NLV, but the majority of the place? I don't even like driving through it in broad daylight - The only reason I can see someone wanting to go there is if they want to score some crack or donate plasma.

There's a reason they pay substitute teachers more to teach in the East and Northeast zones too. - It isn't worth it either.
You are incorrect. Badly so. There are areas in NLV that are not so hot. There are areas in Henderson that are not so hot. The worst areas in town are in the City of Las Vegas. The crime rate in NLV is actually better than that of Metro - which is the City of Las Vegas and unicorporated Clark County.

North Las Vegas is generally in the North and not in the east or north east. It is City of Las Vegas and Clark County in that area.

In general the City of North Las Vegas north of Craig Rd is quite nice. Equivalent to similar demographic areas of Henderson. It is very much worth a look at in that you get 20% more house for the same dollar. The adjoining areas to the west in the City of Las Vegas are similar. For the first time buyer or those with big families and limited budgets it is a great deal.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:23 PM

you just made my day.. my house is in north las vegas, north of craig road by centennial and i think the area is beautiful.. when it was built 2yrs ago, i had beautiful mountains views on 2 sides, now i have a self storage facility on one side.. but hey i still like it..

Old 01-16-2008, 08:32 AM

11 posts, read 50,429 times
Thumbs down Moving to Las Vegas Question

I am moving to Las Vegas this spring, I have my agent looking in the following areas Rhodes Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Anthem/Seven Hills, SOuthern Highlands, Cronado Ranch, Mountains Edge, Red Rock Area, and Lone Mountain. What is the view of these areas? Good safe areas? I used to live in Las Vegas many many years ago we are going back like 25 years or so and at that time Sunrise mountain was the place to be it was the hot spot, going back this past summer I could not believe how bad it was now. I have been told that the south / southwest is the place to look.

Thank you for your input.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 AM

rhodes ranch is nice but very very expensive, homes are coming down though, we had put an offer in on a bank owned, over the listing price, and still got blown out by more than $20k... Mountains Edge is nice but you have to pay sids and lids... The south/southwest is nice but you will have traffic issues at the blue diamond construction... we were dead set on the southwest until we saw the north west and aliante areas.... i am glad we chose the north

Old 01-16-2008, 04:27 PM

150 posts, read 636,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You are incorrect. Badly so. There are areas in NLV that are not so hot. There are areas in Henderson that are not so hot. The worst areas in town are in the City of Las Vegas. The crime rate in NLV is actually better than that of Metro - which is the City of Las Vegas and unicorporated Clark County.

North Las Vegas is generally in the North and not in the east or north east. It is City of Las Vegas and Clark County in that area.

In general the City of North Las Vegas north of Craig Rd is quite nice. Equivalent to similar demographic areas of Henderson. It is very much worth a look at in that you get 20% more house for the same dollar. The adjoining areas to the west in the City of Las Vegas are similar. For the first time buyer or those with big families and limited budgets it is a great deal.

I often wonder why you get 20% more house for the same dollar............usually there is a reason Anyway.............every city has its bad and good areas. A good resource to use for crime when you are looking at a particular area is the following which give current to the week statistics:

CrimeView Community Incident Map

Old 01-16-2008, 05:50 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasResident View Post
I often wonder why you get 20% more house for the same dollar............usually there is a reason Anyway.............every city has its bad and good areas. A good resource to use for crime when you are looking at a particular area is the following which give current to the week statistics:

CrimeView Community Incident Map

These are suburbs with cheaper land due to a less advantaged commute and perhaps some snob appeal. . The outlying suburbs are generally cheaper than the close in ones. There are also marketing targets.

Crimeview does not work in NLV nor in Henderson. Overall numbers would indicate NLV better than Metro worse than Henderson. These are however a relatively crude comparison. There are areas in both Metro and NLV as good as the best of Henderson.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 AM

3 posts, read 9,110 times
I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post in, but my wife and I are planning our second trip to Vegas in a couple months and we are looking to save some money by staying at Arizona Charlie's Boulder. I have read some reviews that make the are sound rather shady, while others cannot stop lavishing praise on it. We live in KC, MO and in a "nicer" part of town and I grew up around Minneapolis, so I am no stranger to "shady" parts of town. Any opinions would be great!! Thanks

Old 01-19-2008, 11:03 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
About 3 years ago...I stopped off in LV for two nights on the way somewhere else...last minute. Stayed there beacuse I couldn't get low rates elsewhere...it was fine. Absolutely nothing fancy about it...so if room amenities are important to you, I'd suggest somewhere else (like The Orleans...nice rooms at low prices.)

Old 01-19-2008, 02:00 PM

my wife and i stayed there also, not a bad place, not great.. like motel 6ish what kind of rate are you looking for.. sometimes you can catch deals on the strip.. you will have to rent a car with arizona charlies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas