Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 AM

84 posts, read 300,783 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to LV in next couple of weeks and interested in seeing what the scene on sports cars is.

Are there any regular get togethers?

Any monthly rides on twisty roads?

Any track days (DE, Test and Tune, etc)?

How can one try out the Spring Mountain track reasonably?

A group of us meet at a local garage back here in NC once a week to drink beer, chat and work on our cars. What a great way to save a little money, make contacts and friends.

Thanks for your help..............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 10:46 AM

22 posts, read 122,807 times
I've found Las Vegas a great place for car/driving enthusiasts!

There are regular autocrosses in a couple of locations throughout the Valley. Frequent track days at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch hosted by a few different groups. Personally I prefer the PCCA sponsored days - $300 - $400 for two days, LOTS of seat time!

If you are into the "show" side of things there is a rather large event called "Coffee and Cars" every Saturday at the intersection of 215 and Eastern. Pretty impressive turnout on days with nice weather - This is a great place to meet people, as the demographics at this event are wide. All the way from young tuners, to retired folks with AC Cobra's.

I don't know of any monthly ride's but if you choose the right day and time, the 13 mile loop at Red Rock provides plenty of twisty fun, and is really popular with our two wheel friends as well.

Hope this helps, and welcome to Las Vegas!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:27 PM

250 posts, read 1,112,996 times
Also, you can check out the car forums for the specific car you drive or are interested in and look in their regional forums for posted meets. A lot of specific car makes and models have their own special meets that they organize. I've gone to a couple Euro car meets that usually have a good turnout. Vegas is definitely a good place for car enthusiasts...

Old 12-17-2008, 05:18 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,852 times
Are you into Euros, Japanese import tuners, or American muscle?

Just to reiterate what was said above, plenty of PCCA meets at Spring Mountain and plenty of local autocross too. Many of our 2 wheel friends also drive the back road along the lake from north to south on the weekends. I have done the scenic loop at Red Rock, but it is not the same as a nice canyon run (I assume from your current location that you frequent or at least have been to the tail of the dragon). Too crowded, not necessarily safe to go and push it too hard there. Look into the Valley of Fire as well, I hear good things.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:58 PM

84 posts, read 300,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Are you into Euros, Japanese import tuners, or American muscle?

Just to reiterate what was said above, plenty of PCCA meets at Spring Mountain and plenty of local autocross too. Many of our 2 wheel friends also drive the back road along the lake from north to south on the weekends. I have done the scenic loop at Red Rock, but it is not the same as a nice canyon run (I assume from your current location that you frequent or at least have been to the tail of the dragon). Too crowded, not necessarily safe to go and push it too hard there. Look into the Valley of Fire as well, I hear good things.
I am primarily a Porsche guy but also have a Miata track car. Looking at the Spring Mountain schedule, I don't see that many PCA events. Back here I can catch a track event every weekend if I wanted to, but one a month would be fine.

I do see several events over in SoCal and I guess I am just spoiled having 3 tracks within 3 hours.

I was hoping to find some gear heads that like to meet one night a week at a local garage and hang out.

I have been keeping my eye on the Cars and Coffee in south Vegas and will make my way over there once I arrive.

The transport company picked up my car yesterday, so it is on the way. As soon as my "soon to be" ex signs the settlement papers, I will start my drive towing the Miata.

Hope you meet up with you guys some day.......................

Old 12-19-2008, 01:19 PM

There is also Las Vegas Motor Speedway, but I believe the only events they do there are drag racing for the general public...

Anyone know anything about that new track that was supposed to be built in Boulder City?? I'll see if I can dig up a link to the article...

Old 12-19-2008, 02:02 PM

They need to build a community like this in Vegas!...

Victory Lane

Then I would just need to win the lottery!!

Old 12-20-2008, 10:08 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndb3 View Post
They need to build a community like this in Vegas!...

Victory Lane

Then I would just need to win the lottery!!
x1000000000!

Quote:
Q:Are there any monthly fees?
A:Yes. The Home Owners Association (HOA) fee are approximately $2,590 a month......

Old 12-20-2008, 12:40 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndb3 View Post
There is also Las Vegas Motor Speedway, but I believe the only events they do there are drag racing for the general public...

Anyone know anything about that new track that was supposed to be built in Boulder City?? I'll see if I can dig up a link to the article...
Las Vegas Motor Speedway is also home to the guys that turn left [or is it right] and go fast.....NASCAR.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Las Vegas Motor Speedway is also home to the guys that turn left [or is it right] and go fast.....NASCAR.
Yes, but I don't think they'll let the OP compete in those races...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas