Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 03:11 PM

28 posts, read 97,014 times

Advertisements

I think this town gets way too much press and is not all it's cracked up to be. Most people see Vegas as exciting and energetic; I would agree with them to a point but the city has a fake, phony, overblown, manufactured feel to it. Not only that, but the waitstaff at most of the places I went to were very RUDE! That is inexcuseable for a city that relies on tourism to pay the lights. Everything there is overpriced, too. The Strip does have a great variety of things to do but it gets so crowded with all the pedestrians and traffic that it is a nightmare if you want to just walk around and check things out. I'm not saying that it's a bad place, just that Vegas gets props that it doesn't deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 03:16 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,955,616 times
And of course, "this town" is the Strip. Venture beyond, expand your horizons-you may be pleasantly surprised to see what all the "hype" goes beyond the Strip. And it is cheaper beyond the Strip too.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:27 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,417,204 times
hmmmm....been a forum member since may and started 3 threads:

1. that you are ashamed and saddened about morgantown (NC)
2. that you miss the way things used to be in lawton
and
3. that LV is overrated.

i guess the glass is always half full for some people.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 PM

28 posts, read 97,014 times
Why did you make it a point to go back and read all my previous posts? Those are my opinions, if you don't like them, sue me. Kimba01, I did made the mistake of just staying on the strip when I was there; I heard there are a lot of fun activites elsewhere in Vegas. If I ever go back I'll definitely try to explore the whole town.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:30 PM

7 posts, read 18,841 times
Then if you're submitting to exploring more of the city, why call it overrated when the admittance to explore more of the city and suburban areas is practically an admission that you COULD be wrong about your original opinion?

Just my two-cents.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:36 PM

66 posts, read 327,254 times
I actually agree with everything the original poster said, yet I still like it here. Remember two things:

1) The weather is nice.
2) Life is what you make of it.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:41 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,345,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraTypeR777 View Post
Then if you're submitting to exploring more of the city, why call it overrated when the admittance to explore more of the city and suburban areas is practically an admission that you COULD be wrong about your original opinion?

Just my two-cents.
+1. That is so spot on when I see these posts. People need to get "beyond the strip" to see there is so much more to Vegas besides the strip.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:52 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,019,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraTypeR777 View Post

Just my two-cents.
YEP, got a + from me too

Old 09-25-2008, 06:18 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,417,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Wright View Post
Why did you make it a point to go back and read all my previous posts? Those are my opinions, if you don't like them, sue me. Kimba01, I did made the mistake of just staying on the strip when I was there; I heard there are a lot of fun activites elsewhere in Vegas. If I ever go back I'll definitely try to explore the whole town.
i always read peoples other posts before i make a comment so that i can speak from as informed perspective as possible. if they are perpetually negative in their posts, i generally suspect a troll.

you tossed out a negative opinion on an entire city and surrounding vicinity based on a negative feel you got from an ~2 mile stretch of it. you had to expect the residents to respond.

maybe if you had looked at the city as a whole or looked around this forum before posting we wouldn't be having this conversation....then again, maybe not. vegas isn't for everyone and if you don't like it, you don't like it.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:23 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,139,639 times
I like it here. Everything (except car insurance) is cheaper than in Los Angeles, the people are less politically extreme, there's some real weather sometimes and you get to see the drones being test flown from Area 51 (if you're paying attention).

Yep, despite the heat, Las Vegas is pretty cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas