Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM

29 posts, read 167,891 times

Advertisements

Hello to all the Las Vegas forum folks! After 2.5 months in "transition", we've finally arrived in Las Vegas. Before asking my question of the day - I just want to say thanks to all of you who provided advice and assistance over the past 6-8 months. Your help and opinions have been priceless! And, once I get settled and start to get my feet wet as a resident, hopefully I can start being a productive member of this forum with tips and advice of my own. Thanks again!

Okay - on to the topic at hand. We have a 2005 BMW 525i that needs some auto body repair and paint. Nothing really major except a 6-inch dent in the passenger side door, and various minor scratches and scrapes that might as well be fixed while we're at it.

We don't care if it's an actual BMW dealer - but would like to be sure it's someone who has excellent service and stands behind their work. I tried to do a search online for reviews, but haven't really found anyplace that wins unanimous votes of confidence.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 PM

395 posts, read 1,081,045 times
I know of a guy out by Nellis that does great work for the owners of my company who have Lexus', Bimmers and Thunderbirds. I've been to him as well and his quotes are normally about half a "real" body shop. He does work out of his house (he is licenced) near Lamb and Carey...

Old 09-23-2008, 04:42 PM

515 posts, read 1,832,350 times
What part of town? East, West, North, South

Old 09-23-2008, 05:09 PM

172 posts, read 558,675 times
We took ours to Desert BMW of Las Vegas. They are at 6900 Sahara. Its a dealership so its usually more expensive but my husband likes going to the dealers.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:33 PM

29 posts, read 167,891 times
We're very close to Desert BMW, and I have considered just taking it there. But if I could find someplace that did outstanding work at a great price, it wouldn't really matter what part of town it was in. I'm more concerned about the quality of work than the location.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,794 times
Default Good Auto Body Shop Alternative

RECON Mobile Dent and Paint, Inc is a mobile Auto Body Shop licensed to repair up to nine square feet on your car at your home or office for as much as 80% off auto body shop prices. (702) 862-9700 for a free quote or pictures at [URL="http://www.needrecon.com"]www.needrecon.com[/URL]. Lifetime Warranty and unconditional satisfaction guarantee

Old 02-06-2009, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,503 times
Default BMW bodywork

I work for a BMW authorized body shop. We warranty all of our bodywork for as long as you own your vehicle. I am an estimator located directly at the Desert BMW of Henderson dealership. You can call the dealership At 702-257-1010 and just ask for Dave in the bodyshop. We work on all makes and models.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:31 PM

471 posts, read 624,765 times
Honestly, I would NEVER trust an unauthorized dealer.

I've heard nightmare stories where the fake mechanic will fix it but break something else so you keep going back.

So for me my baby Lexus always goes to the authorized dealer bc I don't want a slimeball like that touching her breaking up the engine and stuff

Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas