Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,235,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Make it a puppy....puppies are chic magnets.......

so they tell me
Small cute dogs that are well behaved work well too (I am told)

Try a big cat on a leash if you want to really stir them up.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM

471 posts, read 626,069 times
Default You guys don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Bars, clubs, discos, ultra lounges, beach, BBQs, parties, .....everywhere. I met my Ex at a grocery store.

You can't just start talking to a girl here in the grocery store. Things seems a lot different in vegas. Even in clubs over here you pretty much go with your friends and dance with the girls you go with.

Are people that friendly? I mean when you met your ex at the grocery store what did you say?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,694,597 times
people aren't that friendly here, they actually tend to ignore you...

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
You can't just start talking to a girl here in the grocery store. Things seems a lot different in vegas. Even in clubs over here you pretty much go with your friends and dance with the girls you go with.

Are people that friendly? I mean when you met your ex at the grocery store what did you say?
Comeon...I could end up with a date on about every tenth trip to the supermarket if the Admiral allowed it. And I am an old beat up dude. Hell I think I get a lead that buys or sells a house twice a year in some line.

The old salesman line. They brush you off you say "next"...and every so often it clicks. I ended up single in my mid 40s and discovered I did not have enough energy to manage all those ladies. Particlularly as I had three pretty well grown daughters critiquing my performance.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:38 PM

322 posts, read 1,271,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

Join a walking club. Often have a set of older women who will take on the task of fixing you up as a hobby.

I am strangely interested in this suggestion ......

Old 09-22-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Comeon...I could end up with a date on about every tenth trip to the supermarket if the Admiral allowed it. And I am an old beat up dude. Hell I think I get a lead that buys or sells a house twice a year in some line.

The old salesman line. They brush you off you say "next"...and every so often it clicks. I ended up single in my mid 40s and discovered I did not have enough energy to manage all those ladies. Particlularly as I had three pretty well grown daughters critiquing my performance.

wow that's nuts so what exactly do you tell them when you see them?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,307,454 times
lexusman, you can find dates in the supermarket. First make sure they aren't wearing a wedding band, then ask a lady to help you select some apples, how to find the best one's. Or plums or oranges. You get the idea.
"Accidentally" crash into someone's cart that you find appealing. Then apologize..flash them that great smile, then make small talk. If they don't like you, they will move on, and you can try again.
Never show desperation. Most women hate that more than anything.

If you go to clubs, don't look desperate. Play hard to get a little bit. For some reason, some women go for that. Smart one's don't. lol
Now if you want a smart woman, go to Borders or Barnes and Nobles. Plenty of smart attractive people hanging out there. You can also have coffee and mingle.

Whatever your interests, gravitate to those area's to find like minds. Like someone mentioned above, a church is also a good place to meet women. Church socials even better.

If you are too shy to start talking to ladies in public, then join an online dating site. Like matchdoctor.com. Or eharmony. I think the first one is free..the second will find you super good matches, and the price isn't all that bad.
Good luck.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
lexusman, you can find dates in the supermarket. First make sure they aren't wearing a wedding band, then ask a lady to help you select some apples, how to find the best one's. Or plums or oranges. You get the idea.
"Accidentally" crash into someone's cart that you find appealing. Then apologize..flash them that great smile, then make small talk. If they don't like you, they will move on, and you can try again.
Never show desperation. Most women hate that more than anything.

If you go to clubs, don't look desperate. Play hard to get a little bit. For some reason, some women go for that. Smart one's don't. lol
Now if you want a smart woman, go to Borders or Barnes and Nobles. Plenty of smart attractive people hanging out there. You can also have coffee and mingle.

Whatever your interests, gravitate to those area's to find like minds. Like someone mentioned above, a church is also a good place to meet women. Church socials even better.

If you are too shy to start talking to ladies in public, then join an online dating site. Like matchdoctor.com. Or eharmony. I think the first one is free..the second will find you super good matches, and the price isn't all that bad.
Good luck.

Thanks I mean I know what to say to girls and how to play hard to get and all of that.

I am just shocked you can do that in a grocery store without it being out of line.

But I'm from AL what do I know.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
Thanks I mean I know what to say to girls and how to play hard to get and all of that.

I am just shocked you can do that in a grocery store without it being out of line.

But I'm from AL what do I know.
Ladies love southern accents also. Try to keep it not too...but it is very effective. My daughters used to claim my southern accent came back when I was pursuing women....I don't believe it...though drink has been known to cause a reversion.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:07 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,956,267 times
I get an accent when I drink too!!! How about that? Not sure it is southern tho'.

People do tell me I have a MI accent. Huh? I didn't know MI had an accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: