Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:51 PM

4 posts, read 340,052 times

Advertisements

I will be moving soon to Las Vegas and I want to buy a condo. I'm just wondring where are the good neighborhood to live in Las Vegas.

Thank you,
Adana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2006, 12:56 AM

11 posts, read 319,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adana2006
I will be moving soon to Las Vegas and I want to buy a condo. I'm just wondring where are the good neighborhood to live in Las Vegas.

Thank you,
Adana
I'd look in the Green Valley, Henderson area
Summerlin , SE Valley
Good Luck

Old 06-01-2006, 11:29 PM

3 posts, read 134,894 times
I second that ^^ I would also add the Southwest area. I'm currently looking for a home in Green Valley (already have a great agent). If you have any questions about Vegas pls. feel free to PM me.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:00 AM

7 posts, read 152,664 times
The replies here are spot-on. I've lived here for 25+ years and have lived in every corner of the valley.

Best spots (not in order of preference):

Henderson/Green Valley (southeast)
Summerlin (west/northwest)
Southwest (south of Charleston, west of Buffalo)
Centennial Hills (northwest: not great and probably a long commute, but some affordable homes in a nice area)
Boulder City
Anthem/Seven Hills: south valley and east of I-15
Mountains Edge/Southern Highlands: south and west of I-15

Avoid:

North Las Vegas
Northeast (e.g. Nellis Blvd, Sunrise Manor)
Central
Downtown
East (Winchester, Paradise)

Vegas areas map: http://www.mylvn.com/images/maps/map-VE.gif

Best of luck!

Arentol -

Old 06-07-2006, 12:05 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,991,887 times
Default Adana Condo advice

Personally I agree with all the posters here about where to look Adana. Green Valley is a great area to live in, but Summerlin is also a fantastic place to live if one is looking for a condo. I think overall Green Valley is more convenient, but Summerlin is generally newer and a bit more upscale. However, I want to caution you. There's a glut in condos on the market right now and also in single family homes in Las Vegas. All the investors are pulling out and the foreclosure rate has gone up over 25% year to date so far. This, along with the resetting of Adjustable Rate Mortgages for homebuyers who bought with no money down and interest only mortgages, means many are having trouble paying their mortgages now. The house next to mine ( I sold out in June of last year in Henderson) sold to the present owner for $355,000 in Nov. 2004. It's now appraised at $343,000, and the owner, a very nice lady, bought the house on an ARM with 100% financing, which means, that if she were to try and sell the house now, she'd have to come up herself with $12,000 to pay the bank to cover the difference. Prices are falling in Las Vegas, particularly for condos. You don't want to make the mistake of buying a condo in a complex with a lot of condos for sale, or you'll find yourself living in a complex with few residents and the value of your condo sinking with maintenance costs and homeowner fees increasingly put upon the few remaining residents. Be very careful right now in the Las Vegas market is all I can say. Definitely ask about the percentage of condos for sale in any complex you look, and ask about the owner occupancy rates. If you can, wait six months and you'll find bargains no one would have ever believed possible! Good luck!

Last edited by MoMark; 06-07-2006 at 12:10 AM..

Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,749,584 times
Summerlin is the best by far. If you can't afford that area (it is a little pricy but worth it) then look for Green Valley or the Southwest or far Northwest. Stay clear of the southeat, northeast, North Las Vegas or central area.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:04 PM

11 posts, read 319,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan
Summerlin is the best by far. If you can't afford that area (it is a little pricy but worth it) then look for Green Valley or the Southwest or far Northwest. Stay clear of the southeat, northeast, North Las Vegas or central area.
Stay clear of the South East ? whats wrong with the SE valley?

Old 06-16-2006, 10:01 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,749,584 times
A lot of the southeat area of the valley is not good. A lot of it is older, crime-ridden and just not desirable.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:11 AM

4 posts, read 340,052 times
okay.. thanks a lot! As written on the post I think I will wait after 6 months before I will buy a condo since the market is heading down. So I'm thinking of looking for a nice apartment as everybody say around Summerlin or somewhere on the west. Can anybody tell me any nice apartment to rent?

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2006, 10:42 AM

33 posts, read 414,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arentol
The replies here are spot-on. I've lived here for 25+ years and have lived in every corner of the valley.

Best spots (not in order of preference):

Henderson/Green Valley (southeast)
Summerlin (west/northwest)
Southwest (south of Charleston, west of Buffalo)
Centennial Hills (northwest: not great and probably a long commute, but some affordable homes in a nice area)
Boulder City
Anthem/Seven Hills: south valley and east of I-15
Mountains Edge/Southern Highlands: south and west of I-15

Avoid:

North Las Vegas
Northeast (e.g. Nellis Blvd, Sunrise Manor)
Central
Downtown
East (Winchester, Paradise)

Vegas areas map: http://www.mylvn.com/images/maps/map-VE.gif

Best of luck!

Arentol -
Dude Winchester,Sunrise Manor,Paradise,and North Las Vegas are there own cities not Las Vegas he or she wants is moving to Las Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas