Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:14 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,682,189 times

Advertisements

Generally when people ask about pre-employment testing here in Vegas, they're worried about passing drug tests. I'm into tattoos, so I see the detox products sitting right next to the water pipes and Salvia. I never touch that stuff. I prefer a good single malt Islay scotch (Laphroaig Quarter Cask), and a fine Nicaraguan maduro cigar.

No, working at the front desk isn't brain surgery. It'd be very messy if it was, and it'd probably stain the marble. Still, a certain eloquence is appreciated. English was always one of my best subjects in school, so when I run into it being mangled, it's like fingernails on chalk board to me.

As far as your driving record is concerned, you're fine. You'd only have to worry about your past if you'd committed some ritualistic mass murders, especially if they involved farm animals. For all that Las Vegas is known as Sin City, people do tend to frown on that kind of thing if you're going to be working with the public.

I hate to agree with the Vegans, but meat is murder. Now, just between you and me, there don't have to be any witnesses, ne?

Say, don't they have a big holiday coming up soon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 03:29 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,190,069 times
Gotta agree with both yeti and aqua.....if youre worried about the drug n background ya aint gonna get the 2nd interview and I have worked with a lot of "DIRECTORS" must hires.....they last 6 weeks at best

Old 08-25-2008, 03:44 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,682,189 times
The worst I've ever had was a couple of parking tickets, plus one speeding ticket when I wasn't paying attention to my speed. I used to work in an old (built 1881) back in the Napa Valley. It was a Friday, and the owner was on her way up for the weekend. She had a nasty habit of selling credit card guaranteed rooms to walk in customers. Of course she wasn't there when the people with the reservations came in. It's on occasions like those that I'm glad that I'm not in the business anymore.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:53 PM

23,860 posts, read 24,182,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
She had a nasty habit of selling credit card guaranteed rooms to walk in customers.
This happened to me once in Truckhaven, CA. There's only one hotel/motel anywhere near (9mi) where the annual off-road event takes place. I called two months in advance to reserve a room. We show up after it's already dark to find out that our room had been given to someone else, and they were, of course, booked solid. We ended up having to go about 30 more miles away from the event to get a room in Indio. Boy was I peeved. It took everything I had to not put a rock through their office window...

Old 08-25-2008, 04:19 PM

24 posts, read 79,349 times
roryy don't worry about the **** test because they cut out a chunk of your hair for the drug test. I work at the Venetian and all you need to do is put in an application, let you dad know you've done so and maybe he can speed it through the processing. You'll still need to do the interviews and all that jazz. Your dad may have a little influence but not enough to just give the job to you, and you are probably better off just going through the process with only a mention of his position in the company. I do know there is a pretty intense competition to get a job here so I wish you the best of luck.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:39 PM

1,177 posts, read 460,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roryy View Post
well i don't do any drugs so i'm not worried about that i've had a couple driving misdemeanors when i was younger. And sorry i didn't know i was in english class that's why i didn't capitalize my i's. But on a more serious note, you must not need to be a brain surgeon to work front desk there correct?
Those driving misdemeanors aren't going to keep you from a job at the Venetian.
You will, however, need to have prior experience but, your dad's position may help you slightly.
Front Desk is not brain surgery but, it is a stressful job. It also takes sometime to get a hang of the software they use whether it be LMS, or Opera or whatever.
Venetian was on LMS when they 1st opened but I am not sure about that now.
As far as tests you will need to submit to drug and background. You will also probably need to get a non-gaming sheriff's card.
Good Luck on your job search!

Old 08-25-2008, 06:54 PM

13 posts, read 66,771 times
how do you get a non-gaming sheriffs card

Old 08-26-2008, 02:35 PM

24 posts, read 79,349 times
If you pass the interviews they will tell you what to do and where to go to get your non-gaming sheriffs card. Really they just finger print you and they send your prints to the NGC and they do the rest.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:51 PM

109 posts, read 501,750 times
do you know how many interview rounds they normally do at the venetian?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:09 PM

81 posts, read 260,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimm View Post
do you know how many interview rounds they normally do at the venetian?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas