Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 06:28 PM

1,177 posts, read 459,343 times

Advertisements

Just curious. Is anyone here familiar with the homeless woman that hangs out around the lakes area?
I see her frequently pushing her shopping cart. I've seen her ever since I moved in about 4 years ago.
Does anyone know this womans story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 07:27 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,672,071 times
I get around pretty good. I think I have seen them all a few times. Since there are not many female homeless people I think I know the few around town.

The one you speak of, is she thin as a news paper with long sun drenched blond hair? Very aged face far beyond her years with the wrinkly skin? She wears half decent cloths.

That her?

Old 08-16-2008, 08:58 PM

No, that woman doesn't fit the description of this one.
You're right about the blonde hair although it's shorter. And she is not thin. She quite a robust woman and she is very dark, looks like a lot of sun damage. She's actually out tonight. I just saw her as I passed the liquor store that sits right on the lake. She's sitting right outside.
Today my mom saw her on her walk and as my mother was looking at her, she looked up and shooshed my mom away.
Most of the time she just pushes her shopping cart right around the lake but sometimes I'll see her hanging by the businesses on and around Durango and Desert Inn.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:31 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
I used to see a homeless woman in The Lakes area, she an older black woman. Wears too many layers, has a shopping cart and trash bags full of her belongings..I used to see that one all the time when I lived at Summerhill Pointe apts. She'd be over at Village Square alot, digging through the trash by the fast food places and the restaurants.

Last edited by PinkString; 08-17-2008 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: ..

Old 08-17-2008, 02:49 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,173,251 times
I don't know about your area but where I live there used to be a homeless woman that we called the Hat Lady. She would walk around carrying her bags, always wearing a big thick long coat and she always had 3 or 4 hats on her head stacked on top of each other. She would always move away from anyone that tried to approach her. I had a friend who was a local cop and even when the cops approached she would tell them", I eat everyday. I sleep every night. I'm not hurting anyone or commiting any crimes. Leave me alone". I had seen her many times over the years in the same area. Almost on a daily basis because she was in the area where I worked.
When she died and was identified there was an article in the local paper about her.
Bank records showed that she had over $107,000 dollars in the bank that she walked past almost everyday. Records also showed she would withdraw $10.00 or $20.00 dollars a week.
There was no record of any living next of kin.
Really weird.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
I don't know about your area but where I live there used to be a homeless woman that we called the Hat Lady. She would walk around carrying her bags, always wearing a big thick long coat and she always had 3 or 4 hats on her head stacked on top of each other. She would always move away from anyone that tried to approach her. I had a friend who was a local cop and even when the cops approached she would tell them", I eat everyday. I sleep every night. I'm not hurting anyone or commiting any crimes. Leave me alone". I had seen her many times over the years in the same area. Almost on a daily basis because she was in the area where I worked.
When she died and was identified there was an article in the local paper about her.
Bank records showed that she had over $107,000 dollars in the bank that she walked past almost everyday. Records also showed she would withdraw $10.00 or $20.00 dollars a week.
There was no record of any living next of kin.
Really weird.
I wouldn't be surprised if that goes for this woman also. For some reason, I feel like she's not as bad off as she seems. But I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I used to see a homeless woman in The Lakes area, she an older black woman. Wears too many layers, has a shopping cart and trash bags full of her belongings..I used to see that one all the time when I lived at Summerhill Pointe apts. She'd be over at Village Square alot, digging through the trash by the fast food places and the restaurants.
BINGO!! That's her! She's been here forever! I was just wondering what her story was. Or if anyone knew her

Old 08-17-2008, 03:27 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,668,487 times
Now there's a tidy little sum going to the government! Gibbons must really be happy about this. Now he can afford all of his text messages to his girl friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas