Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:05 AM

7 posts, read 13,609 times

Advertisements

Looking for advise about visa's, My partner and I currently own a business in Glasgow. We are looking to move to Las Vegas but dont know how to go about getting a visa.

Had a look on some website and going by them you can only get in if you have a sponsor (family or work) which we dont have either!!

We would be finacial independent and able to purchase home without mortgage to give us some stability.

ANY ADVISE????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:43 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,849,438 times
Are you coming here to work, visit, live permanently? Trying to become a citizen or just a non-permanent resident alien? Try this link, it should have all the pertinent info to your specific situation.

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/

Old 07-15-2008, 10:36 AM

Smile hey

Hey thanks for your posting.....

We are looking to live perm in the US pref Nevada Las Vegas. We are a couple in our late 20's. We are looking to obtain a visa that will alow us to work either for an employer or as our own boss with a coffee house (this id our background as we own 2 in .

we're finding the whole visa thing so confusing...., we are coming to premier lodge ioff the strip for 3 months to get used to the area, but we don't want to breach our visa by looking for work and lose any chance of re-locating.

i'll have a look at the site you recommended, although any more advise keep it coming.....

Thanks

Old 07-15-2008, 10:43 AM

Definitely do your own research to be sure, but I believe that you will need a H-2B visa to enter the country for work purposes (applies to skilled and non-skilled labor, H-1B only applies to specialty occupations) and during the 6 months you have here (you can get extensions) you will need to apply for your greencard and obtain permanent resident alien status.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 AM

Thanks, would you recommend using a immigration Lawyer for this as I dont know where to start??

Old 07-15-2008, 11:23 AM

You may want to. After doing a little more research I figured out that the link I provided is not actually affiliated with the US immigration service. Try this link:
USCIS Home Page. You should be able to get any and all info needed from here, as well as forms and applications.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:08 PM

326 posts, read 1,372,100 times
If you want to buy an established business you could apply for an E2 visa. I recently bought a business in LV for 100k and was approved. This was my fourth renewal and my second biz in the U.S. Immigration wanted three years tax returns,owners benefit of 40k and employee payroll of 25/30k. You will need an immigration lawyer.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:52 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestcoastBrit View Post
If you want to buy an established business you could apply for an E2 visa. I recently bought a business in LV for 100k and was approved. This was my fourth renewal and my second biz in the U.S. Immigration wanted three years tax returns,owners benefit of 40k and employee payroll of 25/30k. You will need an immigration lawyer.
Practically that is the only way without a sponsor...or you can try and win the visa lottery.

It is quite difficult to gain US entry nowadays.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:41 AM

We're slowly finding this out.... Not like the UK we ask if you can breath if you answer yes your in!

We had thought of looking to buy a coffee house, but wanted to be come mortage free in the us. We can still do that but would only leave about 50K or so for a business.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:11 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
mmmm coffee n hagis.....Great combo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas