Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:06 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,465,436 times

Advertisements

Who's calling Rampart a residential area?

Look at streets west of Town Centre, for instance, that is my home area. The neighborhoods go up the slope which is for the better due to the views of both mountains and strip. In general, the parts of Summerlin that track up the slope toward the Spring Mtns beats anything in Alliante.

Don't know Lake Mead at Mariner. Don't know 'the Pueblo'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 11:12 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,227,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Who's calling Rampart a residential area?

Look at streets west of Town Centre, for instance, that is my home area. The neighborhoods go up the slope which is for the better due to the views of both mountains and strip. In general, the parts of Summerlin that track up the slope toward the Spring Mtns beats anything in Alliante.

Don't know Lake Mead at Mariner. Don't know 'the Pueblo'.
Very hard to argue about "Summerlin" with someone who does not know "Summerlin"

There are lots of areas in Summerlin that are much nicer than Aliante. They also cost a lot more. If you go down to the areas that are price competitive with Aliante Summerlin does not do nearly as well.

Lots of Summerlin is more upscale than Aliante. That does not make it better...just more upscale.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:16 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,465,436 times
Hey, friend, I'm being upfront about where I'm coming from. Who the heck knows every corner of Summerlin except a RE agent? I certainly don't. There's nothing in Alliante that compares to the nice parts of Summerlin, that's my point. The elevation in parts of Summerlin is a great advantage. There's no elevation anywhere in Alliante. That's most of my point, OK?

Old 01-06-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Hey, friend, I'm being upfront about where I'm coming from. Who the heck knows every corner of Summerlin except a RE agent? I certainly don't. There's nothing in Alliante that compares to the nice parts of Summerlin, that's my point. The elevation in parts of Summerlin is a great advantage. There's no elevation anywhere in Alliante. That's most of my point, OK?
Hey you picked on Aliante. I did not go after Summerlin.

By and large you will get a nicer home in Aliante for $350K than you will in Summerlin. And the area will be at least as well landscaped and equipped in terms of municpal amemities as Summerlin.

My belief is that the area outside of 215 is relatively uniform from Henderson all the way around to NLV. You claimed Summerlin was better. I disagree..it is better than Aliante if money is no object. There are however places in the north that are better than Summerlin if money is no object...guess where the Greenspans live?

So if you got a lot of bucks you may go to Seven Hills or Spanish Trails or parts of Summerlin. If you don't you may go to GVRanch or Mountains Edge or Rhodes Ranch or Summerlin or Centennial or Aliante.

I am simply trying to put down the incorrect but widely held view that NLV is deficient. It is not.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:07 PM

3 posts, read 7,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
It's coming: Las Vegas SUN: Seeing no profits, condo owners sue (broken link)
I see a major problem with the above mentioned litigation.
First and foremost, it appears all investors in the transaction signed up with the original development together with another company. This means two partners in one entity. Second: The investors decided to sign up with an arrangement after taking title to units.
Here's the problem: Never, ever continue with the business relationship within a different industry with the company(s) who sold each unit. Those two companies have only one objective and that is to make more money. It's like relying on a realtor to do your mortgage, then only onto title insurance and appraisals. One important objective to succeed in a successful endeavor is to Never hold your eggs in one basket!!
Here you have a developer turn into a hospitality company. Who says they will continue to be respected and grow the second company enough to make money? Yes, I know they made a lot so far but the intention is long term. It appears they are now failing. Litigation is not good for that company's image. But the investors will lose. They are idiots. I'm sorry for the remarks but this is very clear to me.
I'm aware of a number of management companies in Vegas and I'm also aware a lot are not up to par. Holding a 5 star ultra luxery Trump condo doesn't mean I'll allow myself or my team to allow people walk in at 99 or even 200 dollars per night.
Huh....that article makes me think maybe a plastic surgeon perform heart surgery. Think he'll do a good job?......think about it.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisInNewYork View Post
I see a major problem with the above mentioned litigation.
First and foremost, it appears all investors in the transaction signed up with the original development together with another company. This means two partners in one entity. Second: The investors decided to sign up with an arrangement after taking title to units.
Here's the problem: Never, ever continue with the business relationship within a different industry with the company(s) who sold each unit. Those two companies have only one objective and that is to make more money. It's like relying on a realtor to do your mortgage, then only onto title insurance and appraisals. One important objective to succeed in a successful endeavor is to Never hold your eggs in one basket!!
Here you have a developer turn into a hospitality company. Who says they will continue to be respected and grow the second company enough to make money? Yes, I know they made a lot so far but the intention is long term. It appears they are now failing. Litigation is not good for that company's image. But the investors will lose. They are idiots. I'm sorry for the remarks but this is very clear to me.
I'm aware of a number of management companies in Vegas and I'm also aware a lot are not up to par. Holding a 5 star ultra luxery Trump condo doesn't mean I'll allow myself or my team to allow people walk in at 99 or even 200 dollars per night.
Huh....that article makes me think maybe a plastic surgeon perform heart surgery. Think he'll do a good job?......think about it.
The issue is whether statements were made that implied investment potiential on the units. If so then they require security level disclosures. I think it quite likely that the salesmen did in fact discuss potiential income from the units. If so the defendants could lose because they did discuss the investment potential without the required disclosures.

I would also suspect that anyone who thinks they will make money off Trump units is also about to be clipped. It won't happen. You may be able to sell for what you bought...in 5 or 10 years. Maybe...

Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,221 times
Las Vegas neighborhoods are as in any other are being rated as poor, fair, modest, upgraded, ritzy and astronomical.
Being a Field Inspector gives me the opportunity to see which neighborhoods are what and almost determine upon first visit which ones will hold true and be an area of beauty and which neighborhoods will become a slum within a matter of a few short years and believe you me the latter is most prevelant in Northwest Vegas.
Henderson, so congested that it is infuriating. GV offers 4 or 5 different model homes. Basically small rooms and the amenities are cheap. Mountain Falls leaves something to be desired in the construction end.
Anyway, Trump Towers, just another fantastic addition to Las Vegas. Nice for poeple to have a choice. Be it a go or a no go at least someone had the guts to give it a try. Beautiful architecture and fits right in with the strip. I say bring the other tower on!

Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,301,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrbox View Post
Las Vegas neighborhoods are as in any other are being rated as poor, fair, modest, upgraded, ritzy and astronomical.
Being a Field Inspector gives me the opportunity to see which neighborhoods are what and almost determine upon first visit which ones will hold true and be an area of beauty and which neighborhoods will become a slum within a matter of a few short years and believe you me the latter is most prevelant in Northwest Vegas.
Henderson, so congested that it is infuriating. GV offers 4 or 5 different model homes. Basically small rooms and the amenities are cheap. Mountain Falls leaves something to be desired in the construction end.
Anyway, Trump Towers, just another fantastic addition to Las Vegas. Nice for poeple to have a choice. Be it a go or a no go at least someone had the guts to give it a try. Beautiful architecture and fits right in with the strip. I say bring the other tower on!
Great, another negative poster on the boards. The far northwest will not be a slum in the coming years. You are living in a strange fantasyland to even think that.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:02 PM

45 posts, read 274,115 times
Honestly, I would stay away from Trump Towers. Living on the east coast, and taking several trips to NY and AC a year, I see how trump keeps his so called "luxury accommodations" Trump first built the Trump castle, (now marina) in the 80's then the Plaza late 80's (was trump towers, then Trumps world fair and most recently Trump Plaza) and finally Trump Taj Majal in the 90's. Trump's buildings in AC sat and sat and sat, without a single upgrade in any of the public or private parts of the hotels. THe carpeting was faded beyond belief (the old frontier carpeting looked brand new compared to the carpeting in his towers) He slapped a coat of paint on the Taj after all the colors started fading from the salt air (white, but he didn't paint all the "onion" domes) The now defunct Castle (aka marina) Looks like a 1950's 12 story high rise apt slum. The plaza he removed the railings off the balconies, but left the actual balcony there. Took out the sliding glass doors, and inserted glass in the place. However from inside the room, you can still see the track above and below the windows. The year is 2008 and trump is finally investing 11 million dollars into 3 properties for renovations, while the Harrahs Property in AC is investing 55 million into Harrahs' its self. Trump builds properties, and then leaves them... Is this something you want for your "luxury Accommodations?"

I would look into one of the other well known Better kept properties before purchasing from trump. cuz before you know it, the gold film on the windwos will peel and crack and blister, and no one will be around to fix it for about 20 years!

X

Old 02-08-2008, 07:21 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,014,708 times
pink - its always the same.. negatives from a first time poster.. and i agree, the north is not slummy at all.. never happen... he must be a field inspector in reno, believe you me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas