Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:01 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,269,547 times

Advertisements

CCSD is a huge factor in the low education rankings for Nevada. There are gangs in the schools. It’s scary seeing gang graffiti on your office--it happened at Brinley Middle school. The governor did cut school funding for textbooks. I hope the situation gets better but many people are going to have to become more committed to the young people of the Las Vegas Valley for that to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 07:07 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,721,577 times
Hoorah for the govenor!

Bout time!

I feel all textbooks should be discarded. Just a waste of money. And wait til you get to college.

I'm for overhead projectors, chalk boards, and the occassional printout.

The teachers should "t e a c h", not read out of the book. Plus w/ online stuff everyday.... so easy to get info.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:53 PM

77 posts, read 341,454 times
I guess it is "about time" that this embarassment of a governor had someone cheering for him.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:53 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,723,364 times
I dont get it when people bash a Governor that holds his stance on not raising taxes. Is the answer raising more taxes to pay for more wasteful spending? In CA, they always raise taxes and the result is the same, the schools are still bad.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:19 PM

77 posts, read 341,454 times
If Gibbons spoke any words besides "I won't raise taxes", perhaps I would cut him some slack. This guy is a joke, but I will give him credit for staying on message - although it is his only message. Because not raising taxes is the only thought that passes through his mind, I have a better idea. Let's pass a law that taxes will never be raised and completely eliminate the position of governor in Nevada. I'm sure that would be a huge cost savings from a salary, staffing and benefits point of view. Anyhting is better than watching this empty suit for one more day.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:46 PM

35 posts, read 114,951 times
There were some incidents with kids with guns near Mojave in the last year or so. But then, where hasn't there been such issues?

But in the recent math test results that were all over the news, A-Tech did the best. If that is the magnet school you can put your daughter in, I'd highly encourage you find a way to do so.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:22 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
I dont get it when people bash a Governor that holds his stance on not raising taxes. Is the answer raising more taxes to pay for more wasteful spending? In CA, they always raise taxes and the result is the same, the schools are still bad.
If you are a ding-bat idiot who won't raise taxes...you are still a ding-bat idiot.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:55 PM

4 posts, read 27,664 times
well i live here in vegas and i wud say summerlin or aliante r some great areas but i now some schools 2 but what school type?? like middle high or elementary reply bck plz

Old 07-11-2008, 11:26 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,997,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosozoku View Post
construction work booming?

i thought i read up in here that it has slowed down..i could be wrong,but you better double check just to be sure.

Ya the las vegas boom just is about coming to an end the market has been so slow in that particular region.. houses have just sitting there. Most of the home builders left the area.

The cities that are still booming in the south west would be the following:
They have not been affected by the bad housing market.

-Dallas-Fortworth area
-Albuquerque-Rio Rancho area
-Phoenix
-El Paso
-San Jose

Old 07-11-2008, 01:50 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Ya the las vegas boom just is about coming to an end the market has been so slow in that particular region.. houses have just sitting there. Most of the home builders left the area.

The cities that are still booming in the south west would be the following:
They have not been affected by the bad housing market.

-Dallas-Fortworth area
-Albuquerque-Rio Rancho area
-Phoenix
-El Paso
-San Jose
Sorry - Phoenix was hit in exactly the same way as Las Vegas. Don't know where you are getting your info from but that one at least is dead wrong.

I would also not put Texas into the SW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: