Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:26 PM
YGB YGB started this thread

29 posts, read 111,038 times

Advertisements

Anybody know of any good clean parks where one can go and feed the squirrels /birds, maybe have a picnic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 08:35 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGB View Post
Anybody know of any good clean parks where one can go and feed the squirrels /birds, maybe have a picnic?
No squirrels. Not fast enought to outcut the coyotes. Desert rats though look like chipmunks. Big parks kinda of rural like try Floyd Lamb (presumes we are talking local..not Red Rock Canyon or Spring Moutain Ranch or Valley of the Fire). More urban...try Lone Moutain or Mountain Crest or Desert Breeze. Want to get with nature head up Mount Charleston. Gets cooler and treed after a while.

If you don't mind a few bucks the Spring Preserve is neat.

For the east side you need an east sider.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:35 PM

32 posts, read 93,196 times
Spring Moutain & Durango

Old 05-30-2008, 09:18 PM

818 posts, read 3,698,510 times
Sunset Park - Sunset and Eastern. My girl loves to feed the ducks there.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:37 PM

Thanks everyone. Yeah I was looking for something more local, like say during a Sunday afternoon you just wanted to head out to a park and chill out for awhile.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:33 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,920,873 times
Spring's Preserve is excellent.

Also, as far as free/public parks go, I really like the Bell Tower parks in the Vistas (western Summerlin). Then Desert Breeze is really big. There are a number of nice parks in Henderson. The Hills Park is nice too - they always have symphonies and jazz groups playing on summer evenings.

But really, there are so many parks in Vegas, it would be helpful to know where you live so we can make better recommendations...

Old 05-31-2008, 12:54 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Nature Discovery park in Aliante. Right off the Aliante parkway/215 interchange. If you are coming from the east, hang a left at the light. If you are coming from the west, hang a right.
It will be just down the street a bit on your left. Very nice, waterfall, ducks galore.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:03 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGB View Post
You can drive 440 miles north to Reno and find squirrels in the parks, but we don't have any in Southern Nevada even in the mountains. Chipmunks and ground squirrels are all over but they are just cute rats.

What part of town are you in? There are nice parks all over town. For years after coming back to Vegas from Reno my wife and I complained about the lack of parks. Now they are everywhere. Best one is Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs. Lots of peacocks running around, ducks and geese, and other waterfowl, plus hawks (no dingoes) to eat their bybies, and fish to feed them, horsies to ride, and you'll see both bunnies and jackrabbits sometimes. With a whole lot of luck you could see a ring-tailed cat but all I've ever seen were pictures and heard them steal my food at night while camping. Same stuff at Sunset Park on a little smaller scale. DO NOT FEED THE WILDLIFE though.
NDOW - About NDOW - News

Old 06-01-2008, 07:19 AM

I'm on the Nellis Air Force Base. So N. Las Vegas, but anywhere in the valley I could get to.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:34 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Default Parks in Clark County

Here are links to Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Clark County Parks and Recreation and Nevada State Parks. I think you might like Seastrand Park in NLV but good luck with the NLV site. It is confusing.

Home Page

Find Parks and Facilities (Official City of Las Vegas Web Site)

Parks and Recreation

Parks & Recreation - Henderson Parks, Locations and Features

Nevada Division of State Parks - Official Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas