Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:10 PM

8 posts, read 21,755 times

Advertisements

Any opinion on which area is better? The SW area is Russell and Fort Apache area vs Seven Hills. Any input would be of great help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 06:26 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,144,650 times
hmmmmm depends....are you going to consider the Agent Orange that was dumped in the Seven Hills area in 1975/6 after Vietnam?????

Old 05-27-2008, 07:14 PM

8 posts, read 21,755 times
What!? Ok, we were already leaning towards the SW area but it is so new that hard to tell what kind of area it might be. Seven Hills has such a good rep and all but.................... whatever you just spoke of does not exactly sound good.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:37 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,144,650 times
doubt that you will ever get a builder to even whisper it.....most dont remember it.....but buried SOMEwhere deep in the RJ or Sun archives will be a story or stories from somewhere around 1975/6......verrrrrry interesting.....they dumped it in the hills outside of Henderson because it was all desert and nothing there to defoliate....according to stauffer chemical

Old 05-27-2008, 08:13 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,237,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
doubt that you will ever get a builder to even whisper it.....most dont remember it.....but buried SOMEwhere deep in the RJ or Sun archives will be a story or stories from somewhere around 1975/6......verrrrrry interesting.....they dumped it in the hills outside of Henderson because it was all desert and nothing there to defoliate....according to stauffer chemical
The SW is flat...basically ugly. Locals dumped god knows what including a few bodies there over many years.

Seven Hills is into the foothills. Rule number one on polluters is they never went up the hill. Too much work.

Seven Hill s is relatively small. Very nice above a million. No more than adequate if that below 500K. Russel and Fort Apache ain't far enough along for a comparable opinion.

Check lots of other places before you do either. It is like someone who is really suited to live in Rhodes Ranch...just ain't no such person...entirely populated with people who could have done better...

Old 05-27-2008, 11:17 PM

77 posts, read 341,227 times
While I'm not sure about the Agent Orange thing, there is no comparison between the SW and Seven Hills because Seven Hills is light years better. Schools, traffic, scenery, you name it, Seven Hills wins hands down - not even close.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:38 AM

21 posts, read 49,799 times
Hey Olecapt, what do you mean by "It is like someone who is really suited to live in Rhodes Ranch...just ain't no such person...entirely populated with people who could have done better..."?
I am looking for a place to buy in Vegas and am looking at the SW among other areas (mostly because it is close to work). I know you live and like the NW (I don't know that area too well) but why don't you like Rhodes Ranch: overprised?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:05 AM

253 posts, read 1,306,854 times
I currently live on Fort Apache. Ugly, tons of traffic, boring landscape.

I would KILL to live in Seven Hills. It is my dream place to be. The scenery makes me feel like I am in Tuscany. And you can't beat the proximity to the airport, strip, and shopping.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:33 AM

65 posts, read 231,362 times
I live in Seven Hills (just renting) - but we LOVE it. When we buy in the next year/year and a half, we are definately staying in this area...

Ally

Old 05-28-2008, 08:42 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,237,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryinvegas View Post
Hey Olecapt, what do you mean by "It is like someone who is really suited to live in Rhodes Ranch...just ain't no such person...entirely populated with people who could have done better..."?
I am looking for a place to buy in Vegas and am looking at the SW among other areas (mostly because it is close to work). I know you live and like the NW (I don't know that area too well) but why don't you like Rhodes Ranch: overprised?
I have a dislike for certain developers...particularly Rhodes. I don't like the gates or the way he puts in the golf course and then builds teenie lot homes for people who get to see the golf course only going through the gate. I don't like the way he welched on the school agreement and screwed up all the local schools .

Not terribly fond of Pulte either though there it is business practices. Pulte knowingly screwed up its buyers on a number of places...Anthem...Aliante....Silverstone...by lousey business practices designed to optiminze income during the runup...and then of course it cut new prices way below its priors as things went south. Almost a formula for building a slum.

Pulte builds a better house than Rhodes though in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas