Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
!#@$#^%&*($$$ we do NOT have cockroach shows downtown......those have been moved to senile city in summerline

he he he ole capt is gonna explode when he reads that
Untrue. The Sun Citiers train the Scporpions. Really neat as the line waves their stingers in unision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 07:24 PM

1,177 posts, read 459,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ56 View Post
Are any of these apartments in good areas?

Oasis Place - 650 Sierra Vista Dr
Oasis Ridge - 3040 E Charleston Blvd
Camden Palisades - 3295 Casey Dr
Oasis Island - 4521 E Bonanza Rd
Oasis Bay - 1601 E Katie Ave
okay here ya go, I grew up on the east side of town and that was over 20 years ago.
When the crime became bad (over 10 years ago) we packed up and moved out to Summerlin.
Here's what I know of these places you've mentioned:
Oasis Place and Oasis Bay are in an area that we used to call "crack alley" as kids growing up, so you probably want to stay away from there.
Oasis Island is in another very old neighborhood. Because of the demographics, you will probably find a bit more crime there.
Oasis Ridge is on E Charleston and anything on E Charleston you should be wary of....now, W Charleston up near red rock is a different story. It's very nice out that way.
Camden Palisades is the only one I would possibly recommend but, I guess I am partial because that is the neighborhood I grew up in but it has changed A LOT since then.
I guess you have to do some research but all in all these are much older neighborhoods in Vegas.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:01 PM

37 posts, read 161,053 times
that is my problem i dont know any of the areas i found this one by a airforce base called Eagle Trace apartments - 5370 E. Craig Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89115 is that a better area

Old 06-01-2008, 09:32 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
that is my problem i dont know any of the areas i found this one by a airforce base called Eagle Trace apartments - 5370 E. Craig Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89115 is that a better area
Nope. It is a long commute to UNLV and it is a place were I would recommend to no one other than young airman stationed at the base.

The complex is tough and the area is tougher yet. It has a very high level of local nuisance and potential for real harm to the unwary in the surrounding area.

It is not a nice place. It is however livable if you are 25, strong, and urban aware.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:41 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,699,860 times
palisades is actually nice, i knew many people who lived there...

Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM

Ive been doing some looking and i think that this place is in a nice area?

6800 E Lake Mead Blvd

Old 06-03-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Ive been doing some looking and i think that this place is in a nice area?

6800 E Lake Mead Blvd
well, the immediate area was nice sometime back and there are some really nice homes up on Hollywood. It's not the best area and not the worst either.
Last time I was up there there were some new developments in the area so maybe it's going through some type of revitalization.
I generally stay away from that area of town. I see it's near owens and bonanza and those are streets I am not particularly fond of.
Is there any reason you are looking to the east end of town?
Do you need to be close to a school? the base? or can you live anywhere in the valley?

Old 06-03-2008, 09:17 PM

I can live anywhere but I am going to school but I have a car so living a ways away isnt a problem, is there any apartments that you would recommend?

Old 06-04-2008, 06:41 PM

well I don't know what school you are going to and since it seems that you are most interested in renting, you can check this out:

Las Vegas & Vicinity*Nevada Apartments for Rent | Search South Central Nevada, NV Apartment Rental

areas 3,5,6,7 and 2 are all OK.

If crime is a concern, under this forum is a new thread titled "Looking for the best area to rent an apt. or condo" and check-out olecapt's response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: