Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Living in Las Vegas, worst school district in country, highest dropout rate, highest teen prostitution rate, highest teen drug rate, largest Latino gang population, high cost of living

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:12 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,153,955 times

Advertisements

Im not from California. Im form the East Coast (Pa) and look forward to 65 degrees in December. Im just regular working class dude. Im not rich. I'll find a spot and live within my means. Vegas, here I come! August 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 05:30 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,324,297 times
Radraja, you are very funny and perceptive. Don't you want to live the "hi life in this countries" scummiest city?

Okay, we still are upset they are carving up some of the mountains and there are too many duplicate businesses everywhere but it's 50 friggin' degrees here again today and no jobs. While you all are soaking up 107 degree temps, we made our decision that it was be Summerlin with its space and greenery and as soon as this house sells, we're on our way.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,930,135 times
Hah...thanks, jjameson.

I also find it mildly troubling that a "fact" apparently doesn't need to be backed up legitimate sources anymore. That's news to me!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:06 PM

PS: Enjoy Summerlin! Which villages are you looking at?

Old 05-19-2008, 06:22 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,324,297 times
Sun City, radraja. I'm old as dirt. Not really but we qualify.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:32 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,722,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Sun City, radraja. I'm old as dirt. Not really but we qualify.
You will love it there... I have a few pools where Lake Mead ends and its a very nice area. In a few months, lake mead will actually be open to the 215 ( i don't know if that is a good thing or bad )

Old 05-19-2008, 06:36 PM

I live in the Hills, which is just across the street from Sun City.

Maybe I'll unknowingly run into you at the grocery store sometime!

Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 PM

278 posts, read 1,085,147 times
Quote:
Maybe I'll unknowingly run into you at the grocery store sometime!
I'm sure we have. Smith's or Fresh and Easy?

JJameson, you'll love the conveniences, everything is so close, but it is so nice and quiet at night. And since you love mountains, the views from here are wonderful.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 PM

191 posts, read 666,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcknight View Post
The fact of the matter is that a lot of the stats I rep are right from the local news stations and I cant remember where they get or quote from but that is OK. The fact of the matter is that by most standards Las Vegas is viewed as a city of low morality and low wages and we have been Californicated for that matter as well. This city is slowly becoming a toilet, the big boom is over and it is not going to come back as well as the fact that people are leaving here as quickly as they came. I have never felt a real sense of community in this place like I have in others. It is a town of illusion and that my friends is a fact. You can have it! I am outta here!
The fact of the matter is that by most standards Las Vegas is viewed as a city of low morality and low wages

are you saying that over 2 million people living in las vegas are of low morality? wow you should check your own morality for just saying that.

This city is slowly becoming a toilet, the big boom is over and it is not going to come back as well as the fact that people are leaving here as quickly as they came

so you came to las vegas just for the housing boom? and now that you cant make a million over night you running away?

now i see why your trash talking las vegas..you must be one of the greedy people that jumped on the housing bandwagon huh?

oh no wait a minute, you have been here since 1995...wow thats a shame,all the years you had in vegas and still couldnt make it work?

It is a town of illusion and that my friends is a fact. You can have it! I am outta here!

oh well, im sorry you're life in vegas was just an illusion... im glad you decided to leave..you just make it bad for the descent people that are working hard to have a good life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas