Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:09 PM

66 posts, read 327,460 times

Advertisements

I think it's hilarious fwiw. At least it makes people say "Jeez... it could only happen in vegas" and keep that uniqueness going that is the whole reason folks pour in here year round to begin with. You gotta take the good with the bad. You can't "kinda" be knocked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 06:34 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,264,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk View Post
Those guys pushing the ads on pedestrians are the worst part of visiting the strip. No other place in America would allow that. What's the story with the ACLU making it legal for them to do that?
The courts have pretty well held that it is free speech and constitutionally protected. There is no way anybody anywhere can stop it. The may get away with it in some places simply because the peddlers don't have the resources to fight it. They do here.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:33 AM

3 posts, read 10,894 times
First off, thanks to everyone for all the advice, and personal references. It's nice to know I won't be the only one out there who wears jeans and a polo shirt daily. Hehe.

Someone brought up the point that I should probably visit Las Vegas before I just packed up and hauled ass outta here. So, I have decided to do just that. I'm going to visit Vegas, Boston, and Aspen. I've already been to Boston, and I know how they are with the accents. It's ridiculous. I love the city, though, so it's worth checking out again either way. I have a friend in Aspen, and I promised him I would give some thought to living there too.

So, yeah, thanks to the person who brought that up. Vegas is still numero uno on my list, but I am going to give it more than a moments notice before I just up and leave.

Thanks again, to everyone else who pitched in. I appreciate it!

Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,088 times
I am moving in the next couple of months to Las Vegas!!!. I am from Northern Mississippi, one of the few white guys that doesnt MUDRIDE, NOT into BIG TRUCKS, and hate COUNTRY MUSIC... not born but mostly raised. Born in Memphis, quickly moved to southeaster M.O./Northeastern Arkansas, then down to Mississippi at age of 9 or 10. So alot of me is from Mississippi. It has just never been me. Pretty popular in high school. Voted most friendliest. In a big acting group that traveled nation wide, i did **** lets just say that haha! Now i am 22. Make 26-30,000 a year running a fast food resturant. It pays good, just not enough you know... I have a buddy who has lived in Vegas, for 10 months now. 2 Months ago his friend moved in with him. One month later they got their own place. 3 weeks ago. Another friend of ours moved down there....... When i try to explain to anybody what im going to do, it is nothing but "what if" followed by something bad that COULD happend???? High unemployment or its a big city with crime or its a desert or your friend is lying about something or just anything. ... ... its very depressing.

----- Now that i have VENTED -------

Im going to do the damn thing... what will I expect. I love to party! Every week someone tells me how i should be on T.V. I always have had big ideas just in the wrong place to do them. I have been to several big citys. Seatle, Baltamore, Chicago, New Orleans, Orlando, thats all i can think of now. Anyways i LOVED IT. Felt where i should be. Always dreamed of New York. I have acted my whole life..... Am i drunk on hope, am i going through i pre-mid-life crisis?.... Someone... anything...

Old 11-29-2010, 12:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,088 times
Default ????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsicsJohnson View Post
First off, thanks to everyone for all the advice, and personal references. It's nice to know I won't be the only one out there who wears jeans and a polo shirt daily. Hehe.

Someone brought up the point that I should probably visit Las Vegas before I just packed up and hauled ass outta here. So, I have decided to do just that. I'm going to visit Vegas, Boston, and Aspen. I've already been to Boston, and I know how they are with the accents. It's ridiculous. I love the city, though, so it's worth checking out again either way. I have a friend in Aspen, and I promised him I would give some thought to living there too.

So, yeah, thanks to the person who brought that up. Vegas is still numero uno on my list, but I am going to give it more than a moments notice before I just up and leave.

Thanks again, to everyone else who pitched in. I appreciate it!

SO?... what happend????

Old 11-29-2010, 10:01 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,542,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYSNAKED View Post
I am moving in the next couple of months to Las Vegas!!!. I am from Northern Mississippi, one of the few white guys that doesnt MUDRIDE, NOT into BIG TRUCKS, and hate COUNTRY MUSIC... not born but mostly raised. Born in Memphis, quickly moved to southeaster M.O./Northeastern Arkansas, then down to Mississippi at age of 9 or 10. So alot of me is from Mississippi. It has just never been me. Pretty popular in high school. Voted most friendliest. In a big acting group that traveled nation wide, i did **** lets just say that haha! Now i am 22. Make 26-30,000 a year running a fast food resturant. It pays good, just not enough you know... I have a buddy who has lived in Vegas, for 10 months now. 2 Months ago his friend moved in with him. One month later they got their own place. 3 weeks ago. Another friend of ours moved down there....... When i try to explain to anybody what im going to do, it is nothing but "what if" followed by something bad that COULD happend???? High unemployment or its a big city with crime or its a desert or your friend is lying about something or just anything. ... ... its very depressing.

----- Now that i have VENTED -------

Im going to do the damn thing... what will I expect. I love to party! Every week someone tells me how i should be on T.V. I always have had big ideas just in the wrong place to do them. I have been to several big citys. Seatle, Baltamore, Chicago, New Orleans, Orlando, thats all i can think of now. Anyways i LOVED IT. Felt where i should be. Always dreamed of New York. I have acted my whole life..... Am i drunk on hope, am i going through i pre-mid-life crisis?.... Someone... anything...
Las Vegas sounds like a perfect fit for you.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:44 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,047,026 times
except for 1 itsy bitsy thing.......A JOB!

Old 12-24-2010, 07:09 AM

47 posts, read 74,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Las Vegas sounds like a perfect fit for you.
If im reading between the lines correctly then Ouch! If not then Lol!

Old 12-24-2010, 09:04 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,958,156 times
To: ALWAYSNAKED

You're 22! You have the luxury of doing whatever you want for the next few years. Take a few career risks and see what happens. Get a crappy job that pays the bills and meet as many people as possible while you earn money. Even if you fail at your dream job, you'll still be glad you tried. When you're 40 with a wife and kids, you'll never have to look back and wonder "What if I went for it?" I'm sure there are a few people on this very message board who wished they had the freedom you do. It sounds like you're ambitious and have an outgoing, upbeat personality which will go far in Vegas, even in a recession. I say go for it and don't let naysayers get you down. In the end, it's THEIR fear that they are dumping on you because they know they could never do it themselves. Live with no fear of anything/anybody and you'll be surprised at how little you needed to fear in the first place.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:22 PM

848 posts, read 1,726,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYSNAKED View Post
I am moving in the next couple of months to Las Vegas!!!. I am from Northern Mississippi, one of the few white guys that doesnt MUDRIDE, NOT into BIG TRUCKS, and hate COUNTRY MUSIC...

I hate to break it to you but there are plenty of people here who are into mudride, big trucks, country music and NASCAR. So I guess, better start getting into these things, hehehehehe but on a good note, there are plenty of other things to do aside from those things you hate so goodluck with your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas