Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 02:24 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,013,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChicken View Post
I have this noise machine in every bedroom and it really helps drown out airplane noise and fireworks too.

https://www.target.com/p/yogasleep-d...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Dohm white noise machine
Does this really work for cats and dogs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 01:20 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
My dog lets off a dozen or so barks and then lays down and ignores the fireworks.

My cat ignores it all.

Both are elderly but hear weil.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:19 PM

273 posts, read 208,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
It muffles outside noise so it helps. They aren't hearing it as much, they aren't as scared and anxious.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:46 AM

120 posts, read 167,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kespen View Post
Have you tried a Thundershirt? https://thundershirt.com/
It does not work on my dog. Useless.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:48 AM

120 posts, read 167,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthp223 View Post
It’s that time of year again, those of you with dogs know what I’m talking about. I have one that absolutely freaks out. I love the 4th but hate it at the same time. We’ve tried everything over the last 14 years and nothing works as far as calming him down.

It’s actually the week before, and the week after that’s the worst time of the year for us. Anyway I’m thinking about camping outside the city this year for a few nights, my best friend is getting old and I’m starting to think his heart won’t handle it.

Nothing we’ve tried, and I think we’ve tried just about everything to calm him down, short of some sort of support group for me to stay sane through it all….LOL.

What methods do you use to keep your pets calm ?
Go to Death Valley - stovepipe wells hotel. They do accept pets. No fireworks there. It is illegal. Perfect places for dogs.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:09 PM

106 posts, read 116,924 times
Thank you for the suggestions and sharing. I don’t know what’s going on this year but it has been surprisingly quite in the neighborhood. I’m probably just going to stay home. Compared to last year where it was a firestorm a week before and a week after. Kinda strange.

Old 07-03-2021, 11:47 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,143,131 times
cat is fine. i can tell when the dog hears them as he hides out in the bathroom, shaking. got a thundershirt the other day and it's working.

Old 07-04-2021, 07:13 AM

273 posts, read 208,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthp223 View Post
Thank you for the suggestions and sharing. I don’t know what’s going on this year but it has been surprisingly quite in the neighborhood. I’m probably just going to stay home. Compared to last year where it was a firestorm a week before and a week after. Kinda strange.
Same in my neighborhood. Less than 5 set off a night recently but there has to be more. Last 4th it was non stop until about 3am!

I'm sure tonight won't disappoint

Old 07-05-2021, 01:02 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
Sounds like they're calming down now around midnight. They started early this year setting off fire works around 6 pm while it was still daylight out. I set up the soothing dog music and gave her some medicine when it began. Spent part of the night with her in the walk in closet trying to sooth her because she still went mad panting, pacing and scratching. It was like a war zone again this year so I thought the closet might be better than the crate. It has no windows and one door and I set it up with her bedding and favorite toy and treats. It's been a long weekend of fireworks. I wonder how many other pet owners where sitting this 4th of July out in the closets with their frightened pets.
Attached Thumbnails
Your Dogs and the 4th.-190078178_3599120066860892_1210250689940610897_n.jpg  

Old 07-07-2021, 03:57 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Sounds like they're calming down now around midnight. They started early this year setting off fire works around 6 pm while it was still daylight out. I set up the soothing dog music and gave her some medicine when it began. Spent part of the night with her in the walk in closet trying to sooth her because she still went mad panting, pacing and scratching. It was like a war zone again this year so I thought the closet might be better than the crate. It has no windows and one door and I set it up with her bedding and favorite toy and treats. It's been a long weekend of fireworks. I wonder how many other pet owners where sitting this 4th of July out in the closets with their frightened pets.
Quite a few. My 'ferocious' male Doberman freaked out and tried to hide behind a desk. He jostled some electric connections and fried our router. $300 and only a year old. SMH. I finally gave up and put them both in bed with me and watched a war movie on TV. They are fine with the bombs on TV so it worked out well. Except for the router.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas