Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2021, 12:36 AM

565 posts, read 367,395 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I'm a 48 yr old native New Yorker. Working middle class kind of guy. Like many of us, we don't see NYC coming back any time soon. I can't ever imagine the fascists that run this city allowing regular bars and night spots/clubs to ever open again at full capacity like it was in the pre covid "before days." So, as someone who eventually plans to leave NY all together and has always enjoyed the Vegas area, I have a few questions: Thanks in advance.

- Are the bars and night spots open yet in the Vegas or "outer" areas? By outer I mean off the strip...can include local dive bars outside Vegas all together.

-As a single male over 40, any spots recommended now and in normal times? I'm just as comfortable in an Irish dive or biker bar (I'm Irish American) as I am in some fancy nightclub. I'm not chasing young women these days.

- Looking further ahead and not knowing the real estate market out there, what areas are "decent" that would offer condos/co ops for under $200K either studio/1 bed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 09:30 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,054,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
- Are the bars and night spots open yet in the Vegas or "outer" areas? By outer I mean off the strip...can include local dive bars outside Vegas all together.
Yes, but you are asking the wrong question. Bars can be open, but some are not. The State of NV still has pandemic restrictions including social distancing, capacity limits, and face covers. It is an ever-changing environment, so what I tell you right now could change in a minute....or not. So you can walk into a local bar, sit in a plexiglass phone booth at the bar and unmask to drink. Or you can sit at a table without a mask and sip a drink. In a minute, it could be open at full capacity with no restrictions.

Quote:
-As a single male over 40, any spots recommended now and in normal times? I'm just as comfortable in an Irish dive or biker bar (I'm Irish American) as I am in some fancy nightclub. I'm not chasing young women these days.
There are hundreds of bars in the valley. For hanging out, there are too many options. If you are planning a trip and stay downtown or on The Strip, you will find more bars than imaginable, but the drink prices will rival any tourist trap. There are two bars I can walk to from my place--I would only recommend those places if you lived or stayed near me. You will have no trouble finding a place. You are 5 minutes from a bar pretty much anywhere in the valley.

Quote:
- Looking further ahead and not knowing the real estate market out there, what areas are "decent" that would offer condos/co ops for under $200K either studio/1 bed?
RE is an explosive seller market. Many homes are listed and under contract in less than 3 days. I am not an agent, but follow the market. My next door neighbor listed last Thursday and was under contract on Saturday. There are dozens of threads talking about areas to live with crime, amenites, pros and cons--check it out. Right now, you can find decent properties in your range, but those properties are sold quickly.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:50 AM

395 posts, read 278,296 times
Everything WVREDLEG said above and then some.
Vegas is open but things can change. I've had no problem
doing any of my normal eating out and drinking any time in the
last 6 months in Vegas...and I'm out a lot. We got rid of having
to make reservations for dine-in and most places I go don't have
any wait or onerous restrictions.

I can't talk about the R/E market for condos or co-opts but your
price point sounds very low for current market conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas