Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 08:21 PM

1,627 posts, read 1,712,982 times

Advertisements

• Custom Saltwater Pool with Outdoor Kitchen (grill, sink, fridge). Builder for pool, could have done after closing. Outdoor kitchen after closing.
• Level 7 Gourmet Kitchen Cabinet Package, Quartz Countertops, Grohe Faucet & Glass Backsplash. Builder. Faucet price was a huge ripoff.
• GE Stainless Appliances Including Induction Cooktop, Double Oven, Vented Hood, Café Fridge. Builder
• Exquisite Custom Drapery by Calico Corners & Motorized Roller Blinds By The Shade Store. After closing
• Custom Master & Foyer Closets By Inspired Closets.After closing Solid Core Master Closet Pocket Doors. Builder
• 12x24 Bedrosians Runway Tile Flooring. Builder
• Energy Efficient LED Lighting Throughout, Plus Custom Light Fixtures by Modern Forms, Hubbardton Forge and Casablanca Stealth Fans. After closing
• Custom Built-In Office Desk and Cabinets. After closing
• Upgraded Laundry Package With Sink, Cabinets, Washer/Dryer. Builder

Built in Custom Wine Storage Bins. After closing

These should all be fairly obvious choices if you think about them and know what you're doing (IMO). I would have done the pool after closing, but didn't want to wait and go through the hassle and mess. More high end options available if done after closing. Builder offers fewer options and costs more for what you get. Landscaping around the pool is another big expense with limitless options to spend more money. After closing, you tear up a lot of what's there so you lose on that end. Lots of plumbing and electrical work to do after house is done adds to the cost.

Last edited by movin1; 02-12-2021 at 08:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 09:59 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Interesting. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
• Custom Saltwater Pool with Outdoor Kitchen (grill, sink, fridge). Builder for pool, could have done after closing. Outdoor kitchen after closing.
• Level 7 Gourmet Kitchen Cabinet Package, Quartz Countertops, Grohe Faucet & Glass Backsplash. Builder. Faucet price was a huge ripoff.
• GE Stainless Appliances Including Induction Cooktop, Double Oven, Vented Hood, Café Fridge. Builder
• Exquisite Custom Drapery by Calico Corners & Motorized Roller Blinds By The Shade Store. After closing
• Custom Master & Foyer Closets By Inspired Closets.After closing Solid Core Master Closet Pocket Doors. Builder
• Energy Efficient LED Lighting Throughout, Plus Custom Light Fixtures by Modern Forms, Hubbardton Forge and Casablanca Stealth Fans. After closing

These should all be fairly obvious choices if you think about them and know what you're doing (IMO). I would have done the pool after closing, but didn't want to wait and go through the hassle and mess. More high end options available if done after closing. Builder offers fewer options and costs more for what you get. Landscaping around the pool is another big expense with limitless options to spend more money. After closing, you tear up a lot of what's there so you lose on that end. Lots of plumbing and electrical work to do after house is done adds to the cost.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:33 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,804 times
Only bad thing around Green Valley, Silverado, Henderson area is that you have to be careful that you are not under the approach path for the airport. They usually start their approach on the right side of the airport and are flying at a lower altitude.

Old 02-17-2021, 09:11 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,043,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Only bad thing around Green Valley, Silverado, Henderson area is that you have to be careful that you are not under the approach path for the airport. They usually start their approach on the right side of the airport and are flying at a lower altitude.
https://maps.clarkcountynv.gov/gispl...rtEnvirons.pdf

Noise map makes it easy to avoid jet noise areas. Henderson is 95% south and east of the noise footprint of McCarran.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:25 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
https://maps.clarkcountynv.gov/gispl...rtEnvirons.pdf

Noise map makes it easy to avoid jet noise areas. Henderson is 95% south and east of the noise footprint of McCarran.
Yeah we have planes flying not too far off overhead I guess but I’ve never noticed any real noise. Outside, while in the pool, I notice the planes but they’re quiet for the most part way overhead. It’s the small planes that I hear once in a while especially in the pool that are flying in and out of Henderson Executive Airport.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:32 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,031,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Yeah we have planes flying not too far off overhead I guess but I’ve never noticed any real noise. Outside, while in the pool, I notice the planes but they’re quiet for the most part way overhead. It’s the small planes that I hear once in a while especially in the pool that are flying in and out of Henderson Executive Airport.
Airplane noise is $$$ coming to Las Vegas.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:44 AM

12,842 posts, read 9,573,647 times
Great thread guys, lots of info.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:31 AM

391 posts, read 1,249,209 times
Quote:

Good info, which builder? I think the tiling I would have done after since you can easily rip up the carpet. I would mainly leave all the structural stuff to the builder and things like appliances after closing since they mark those up like crazy.

BTW are you paying a lot in property taxes? All the listings for new construction I see are really high. In Inspirada a 600K home is showing monthly taxes of $650. Does this tend to go up?

Old 08-06-2021, 12:00 PM

1,627 posts, read 1,712,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
Good info, which builder? I think the tiling I would have done after since you can easily rip up the carpet. I would mainly leave all the structural stuff to the builder and things like appliances after closing since they mark those up like crazy.

BTW are you paying a lot in property taxes? All the listings for new construction I see are really high. In Inspirada a 600K home is showing monthly taxes of $650. Does this tend to go up?
Info was for a semi-custom home I had built for me in Naples, FL. It did not make sense to put in carpet and tear it out. YMMV. Appliances were upgrade prices based on options better than builder grade. Again, you choose what works best for you and the builder you are working with, I checked out everything carefully and those were my decisions at the time. My property taxes have gone up 3% per year since I moved to Henderson in June 2019. House price at the time was $415K, my taxes are now $4K/year. Zillow says my house is worth $540K or more now. I'm not complaining about property taxes here. My house in Illinois was worth $600K when I had it built, property taxes were $15K per year. In Vegas you can get property taxes capped at 3% per year. There were no property tax caps in Illinois. I owned a condo in Chicago, property taxes there went up 10-25% some years. I moved before things got crazy and avoided that.

Last edited by movin1; 08-06-2021 at 12:10 PM..

Old 08-07-2021, 07:10 AM

1,086 posts, read 746,686 times
Quote:
Info was for a semi-custom home I had built for me in Naples, FL. It did not make sense to put in carpet and tear it out. YMMV. Appliances were upgrade prices based on options better than builder grade. Again, you choose what works best for you and the builder you are working with, I checked out everything carefully and those were my decisions at the time. My property taxes have gone up 3% per year since I moved to Henderson in June 2019. House price at the time was $415K, my taxes are now $4K/year. Zillow says my house is worth $540K or more now. I'm not complaining about property taxes here. My house in Illinois was worth $600K when I had it built, property taxes were $15K per year. In Vegas you can get property taxes capped at 3% per year. There were no property tax caps in Illinois. I owned a condo in Chicago, property taxes there went up 10-25% some years. I moved before things got crazy and avoided that.
3% for property taxes? More like 1% I believe. Never seen anything close to 3 in Nevada. Always around 1%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas