Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 02:19 PM

1,086 posts, read 748,032 times

Advertisements

Curious what people do with outdoor patio furniture. It seems like with the strong winds that any outdoor furniture could end up blowing away, or blowing into the pool, when the strong winds come through, Do people move their furniture into the garage? Just have really heavy patio furniture? Skip patio furniture? Would love to hear what you experts do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 02:34 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,018,754 times
I put mine on the side of house behind my AC units. It's protected from the wind in that area. There's no way I would leave it out, as I'm afraid as you said blow into the pool and damage it etc.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,372,010 times
Our north facing patio is covered. We keep patio furniture on it year round. No problem from the wind.

We knew a guy in SC Summerlin who had concrete blocks rigged with handles and a burlap cover. Had two on each chair and table. Claimed no wind problem. Our pool has an electric cover so nothing ever goes into it.

Every couple of years we do find something in the yard that came by air. Mainly light but large kid stuff. Have never found patio furniture.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:56 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,719,889 times
It depends on where it's located, wind patterns, furniture exposure and weight.

Good heavy stuff is better than light weight stuff. Analyze your conditions and decide what may work or not.

Granite table tops, heavy table bases, heavy chairs etc have a much better chance of survival.

I would not leave an umbrella out even if down and in a heavy base. Ask me why, lol.

I have some outdoor furniture that is much lighter weight now than what I used to have. Patio is covered and I've had no problems.

Old 01-29-2021, 10:13 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,644,086 times
I have pretty lightweight metal patio furniture, none of it has ever moved during any wind. The cushions are a totally different story - a few times they’ve ended up blown over or on the ground but never in the pool or blown away ha ha. I did have a cushion up on the deck that blew into my neighbor’s backyard hahaha I had to check with him 3 times because he apparently doesn’t really live here full time... or something. But I finally got it back. It was tied down too but must have come loose. Whoops.

Old 02-01-2021, 05:53 PM

261 posts, read 235,580 times
Mine is all teak, the best, never crack and never hot to the touch. Heavy enough so it will not move. I take the cushions in during the off season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: