Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 09:17 AM

10,608 posts, read 5,687,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sight View Post
We had a nice conversation with an employee of the Henderson Constable's Office the other day...
Wait. Henderson has a Constable???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 08:02 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,039,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Wait. Henderson has a Constable???
NV has had constables since 1850.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:01 PM

347 posts, read 543,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sight View Post
We had a nice conversation with an employee of the Henderson Constable's Office the other day.
The massive influx from bordering states has prompted the Henderson and LV Metro PD to re-evaluate and revamp the "Fair Share" Program. The program allows residents to report individuals that fail to register their vehicles after establishing residency in the State of Nevada. This leads to millions of lost revenue for the State. Essentially, these individuals live in Nevada, without paying a state income tax, and skate around the higher state vehicle registration fees by keeping their vehicle registered to a California, Arizona, Utah, etc. address.

The Program will utilize a new website and mobile app interface making it easier to report non-compliance.
The penalty will also increase from the current $1000.00. Don't know what the new fine will be.
Supposedly, they are working with adjoining state DMVs to cross reference registered vehicle addresses against state employment records and addresses, making it harder to live/work in the state and not have your vehicle registered here.

With the massive outlay of state funds during this pandemic, we need all the revenue we can generate to rebuild the government coffers. Recouping the tens of millions of dollars in lost DMV fees will help. I never realized how many out-of-state plates are parked in driveways in my own neighborhood! It's amazing. And here I thought all of the California plates I see were tourists bringing money into the state!

For now, the Constable's offices will take emailed/telephoned reports and follow-up accordingly.

Bottom line - if you move to Nevada, from anywhere, register your vehicle within 30 days of establishing residency or employment. They will be cracking down and it will cost you upwards of $1000 for the first offense.
If they can make an APP with reporting non-compliance, they can pay me a few bucks for reporting it. That will get me out of my comfy sweats I've been wearing the whole year to take pics of my neighbors with out of state plates. Give people an incentive and you'll have out of job people walking neighborhoods to look for violators and "rewards" for reporting. Snitches get $50 a pop instead of stitches once the fine is paid. $50 to collect $1000 fine and $200+ for registration sounds like a fair deal.

Old 01-19-2021, 05:23 PM

268 posts, read 236,863 times
So you get exicted about getting 50 bucks on ratting out your neighbor. You are a stellar human being.

Why don't you FYI them to get their cars registers, tell them the fines that could be involved, some people do not get it.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:01 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,630,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
NV has had constables since 1850.
I’m guessing that the poster you were replying to knows the above ^^^^^, and that his point was that it’s the Clark County Constable not Henderson Constable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: