Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 11:01 AM

822 posts, read 2,205,591 times

Advertisements

The main issues I have were addressed earlier. There is one walkway now in our neighborhood that everyone just calls "dogpoop alley" b/c the irresponsible owners take their dogs there to poop so they don't have to pick it up. It's sad b/c it was an area that was made for members of the neighborhood to be able to recreate outside w/o having to worry about cars or other dangerous traffic. You can't enjoy the area b/c there are too many dog feces everywhere.

I've been charged four times in the last year by aggressive dogs in our neighborhood that owners had let off the leash. I carry bear spray now b/c of this. I had my toddler on my back around a month ago when a pit bull type dog charged us. I pulled the spray out and was about to deploy when the owner finally ran up and grabbed the dog. The sad part was the owner seemed in disbelief that his dog almost got a face full of bear spray. The dog is the owner's responsibility, and my daughters safety is my responsibility. If an owner doesn't want their dog to get sprayed then they need to be responsible for it and keep it under control and on a leash. That's as simple as it can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 12:19 PM

73 posts, read 62,234 times
What neighborhood do you live in so I know to never go there

Old 01-17-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airunxc View Post
What neighborhood do you live in so I know to never go there
Mtn's Edge Area. I've had the same type of incidents happen in different cities I lived in. Happened a couple of times when I lived in Cincinnati, and once when I lived in Tampa. I grew up in a rural area of Kentucky and was chased by plenty of dogs. Back then though we didn't have bear spray as we do now so my best friend and I always carried a baseball bat. We had dogs ourselves, but they were always labs and other non-aggressive breeds.

Last edited by Juxtaposition109; 01-17-2021 at 01:26 PM..

Old 01-17-2021, 04:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,383,320 times
The only aggressive animal in our neighborhood is our Maine Coon. Samson guards the property and chases any trespasser off. He is big enough and aggressive enough that a single Coyote would be unlikely to get at him. A couple of weeks ago at the crack of dawn I watched him chase off another cat through a closed window. He howled and growled up a storm and physically banged to window. The other cat left.

By the way the properties out this way have a wide shoulder so you can ride horses on them easily. And when there are horses there will be horse poop. The shoulders are actually wide enough to park a normal or small car nose in. One of the neighbors run a business out of his house and often has a half dozen cars parked that way.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:50 PM

497 posts, read 485,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposition109 View Post
The main issues I have were addressed earlier. There is one walkway now in our neighborhood that everyone just calls "dog poop alley" b/c the irresponsible owners take their dogs there to poop so they don't have to pick it up. It's sad b/c it was an area that was made for members of the neighborhood to be able to recreate outside w/o having to worry about cars or other dangerous traffic. You can't enjoy the area b/c there are too many dog feces everywhere.

I've been charged four times in the last year by aggressive dogs in our neighborhood that owners had let off the leash. I carry bear spray now b/c of this. I had my toddler on my back around a month ago when a pit bull type dog charged us. I pulled the spray out and was about to deploy when the owner finally ran up and grabbed the dog. The sad part was the owner seemed in disbelief that his dog almost got a face full of bear spray. The dog is the owner's responsibility, and my daughters safety is my responsibility. If an owner doesn't want their dog to get sprayed then they need to be responsible for it and keep it under control and on a leash. That's as simple as it can be.

I agree that those issues are unacceptable. No excuse for aggressive dogs being off leash. Owners like that shouldn't be tolerated. And people not picking up after their dogs are almost as bad. Someone should set up a camera in "dog poop alley" and start calling those people out.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Even if you find a dog-free community, my guess is there are exceptions for "Service Animals." A true service animal such as a Seeing Eye Dog is exempt from such restrictions, as such an animal is not a pet.

Then of course, there are the non-true-service animals...
Yes unfortunately there will always be those trying to get past the policies by claiming an animal is a service animal.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:56 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,383,320 times
Our cul de sac is actually cat castle. Have had 5 or 6 loose cats for 25 years. Our present cat is our primary property guardian. He however never leaves the property other than for a couple of minutes while he chases someone. And he does not do his business on anyone's property including ours...he comes to the door to get let in and then uses his litter box.

Our dog does not generally bark in the back yard. Only time is when he is talking to the dogs next door.. When he is in the house and either of us is gone the dog gets on a corner of the guest room bed that has a wide view of the front of the house and the street. He will then bark at passing visitors human or animal. Makes a ruckus. Does not happen during sleep time as he sleeps somewhere near the foot of our bed. We have to be careful getting up in the middle of the night as sometimes those dark shadows on the floor are breathing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: