Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 09:40 PM

20 posts, read 34,757 times

Advertisements

So picture this to help you understand the two areas I am talking about, in case my geographical locations or names of cities are not accurate :

Picture Charleston blvd: I would like to compare the areas that are at either end: around the extreme west end (Summerlin?) vs. the extreme east end (Sunrise Manor?)

Now I did some comparisons and while Sunrise Manor is not bad, seems like Summerlin is the much better neighbourhood overall ? Not to say the other is a bad neighbourhood.

And while I can use all these comparison websites to determine which is the better city to live in, I would like to hear it from people who actually live in Vegas and can give me first hand account of the two cities.

I am mainly interested to know how these rank or which one fairs better in the following categories:

-Schooling
-Safety
-Cost of living

I did visit both cities in my last visit to Vegas in 2019 and liked them both. What I loved about Sunrise Manor are the views and the mountains. Summerlin on the other hand also had some nice views, especially its proximity to Red Rock, but I felt Sunset Manor was a bit more lively and not as quiet? (I prefer it to be a bit more city like) but then again it was just one visit to with cities and for an hour or two.

For all I know, since I am an outsider, my comparison could be unfair as the two cities might be world apart and only Charleston Blvd as the common factor. But if you are interested to know why I chose these two cities to compare, amongst other things, is due to the fact that I found out about each while driving to the Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire respectively.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 09:56 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,607 times
Sunrise Manor was featured on the Gangland series of shows.

Nothing else needs to be mentioned.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:23 PM

106 posts, read 116,836 times
Everyone will tell you Summerlin.

I’m the oddball and would take Sunrise Manor over summerlin any day. While summerlin is much closer to shopping and freeway access. Your probably going to have HOA fees, HELL NO !

Sunrise Manor if you get anywhere up the hill will have great views and No HOA, = Freedom. But your further from any trendy stuff and shopping. Way further from freeway access too.

I love this area, you couldn’t offer me Summerlin for free, I prefer to visit and recluse back to my side of town.

Old 05-27-2020, 01:10 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Summerlin and Sunrise Manor are not cities. They are area's of Las Vegas. It is how we distinguish who lives where. Area's broken down into many different names makes it easier for people to find each other. And police, ambulance's etc. Summerlin is the best bet. But it will cost you more. Try Henderson. Really great views from there, and it is actually a city.

Old 05-27-2020, 01:56 AM

927 posts, read 882,747 times
I like the area east of Hollywood by the Mormon temple. Wouldn't live there without a gun though. There's actually a Career/Technical Academt there (ECTA) and a nice Aquatic Center. Everything west of that area is basically Mexico.

Old 05-27-2020, 02:21 AM

395 posts, read 272,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
I like the area east of Hollywood by the Mormon temple. Wouldn't live there without a gun though. There's actually a Career/Technical Academt there (ECTA) and a nice Aquatic Center. Everything west of that area is basically Mexico.
Are you talking about the Hollywood Aquatic Center in the
Hollywood Regional Park? I walked through there once and
was very impressed with the facilities. I really like some of
the neighborhoods there on the East side of Hollywood
and below Bonaza.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariza160 View Post
Are you talking about the Hollywood Aquatic Center in the
Hollywood Regional Park? I walked through there once and
was very impressed with the facilities. I really like some of
the neighborhoods there on the East side of Hollywood
and below Bonaza.
Yes that's the area. East of Hollywood, north of Charleston, south of Owens.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:14 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,643,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthp223 View Post
Your probably going to have HOA fees, HELL NO !
Couch cushion change. Who cares?

Old 05-27-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Couch cushion change. Who cares?
The concern isn't the fees rather instances where someone gets into power and abuses it and/or uses it to target you.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:26 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,607 times
Sunrise Manor is a dump. I think they're covered by metro on crimemapping.com. Yes, the 3or 4 streets west of Hollywood look okay but you'll be living a block from trailer trash central.

9/10 times there is a shooting in Vegas.. guess where?

Metro wanted Sunrise Manor to incorporate as its own city so it won't be included in the Vegas crime stats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas