Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 04:09 PM

4,862 posts, read 8,003,087 times

Advertisements

Once the PUA is up and running the next issue will be how soon those people will get funds. Has this pandemic shown the Feds should take over the UI process in major crisis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 04:19 PM

88 posts, read 49,562 times
It couldn't be soon enough for me. I certainly hope that they have used this time to implement a sophisticated and powerful system to process claims.

If the money has been allocated by the Feds, then there MUST be a system to channel it to the states, and then disburse it to eligible recipients. This isn't the time to dawdle- I'm certain there are those with more dire circumstances than myself- But I cannot work in my profession of the last 10 years- The factory whose products I represent is closed; my Customer base is closed as well, both by necessity and mandate. I have little patience, even realizing the scope of the problems involved in setting up a system for such a large number of applicants. It needs to be done.

Maybe having the Feds administrate would have cut out the middleman- Either way- It was proposed that tomorrow 5/15-Would be the start to submit here in NV.- I haven't heard anything about where to submit yet, so looks like another week or two. Or three...

Old 05-14-2020, 05:58 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,175,048 times
Apparently the new 1099 portion will be live on the detr site saturday.

Old 05-14-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Apparently the new 1099 portion will be live on the detr site saturday.
This one?

UInv - The Nevada Unemployment Insurance Claim Filing System

Old 05-14-2020, 07:53 PM

https://www.employnv.gov/vosnet/default.aspx

According to the news, we are to go there, starting tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that it will work.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:03 PM

422 posts, read 1,089,718 times
Nevada gig workers able to file for unemployment starting Saturday

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...urday-2028408/

Old 05-14-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhateme View Post
Nevada gig workers able to file for unemployment starting Saturday

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...urday-2028408/
That's the word- Sadly, I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that the site is going to crash down from overload.

Then again, it could be the sushi I had for lunch...

Old 05-15-2020, 02:06 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,175,048 times
Ohhhhh it is gonna crash hard.
About 150k 1099ers about to decend upon that site sat morning.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Ohhhhh it is gonna crash hard.
About 150k 1099ers about to decend upon that site sat morning.
That's what I'm afraid of. Then again- What's another 2-3 weeks wait while they patch it up?
I mean, they're only what (2) months behind now.

I'm going to tell Albertson's & my landlord etc. to hang in there.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:23 AM

I am happy to report that the site was up and running as of 5 AM- I was able to complete the information required without difficulty, and when finished was provided a breakdown of my hopefully forthcoming benefits. The only thing not stated outright was the very-much anticipated additional $600 weekly benefit from the Federal Gov't. I am thinking that this is added automatically, as it is separate from the benefits Nevada will offer.

I hope the system works through- Yesterday, Gov. Sisolak was assuring that it would, and stated that payouts would begin 5/23. He even added a cautionary note about possible overloads, etc. I'll have to wait & see what happens.

I have NEVER had to file for any sort of Unemployment in my career. Never. This benefit is important to me not only for the monies (which to me are crucial, I cannot work-yet.)

But more importantly- It represents to me that the "System" is capable of and willing to distribute monies to those in need through no fault of their own. There are trillions of dollars spent- giving money to the leader of Afghanistan, e.g. and many more examples of such ridiculous and corrupt spending.

Not to mention the waste and excess that is spent on Legislators who take 6-week breaks and have many expenses covered at (Taxpayer) expense. If people only knew... Once in a while someone gets "busted" and it makes my skin crawl when I hear about what they do.

Rant over. I hope this works. I need it and I deserve it. I've paid my fair share of taxes for many years, a lot more than can be said for some millionaires.

And finally- Believe me- I would much rather be back doing my work, as would the 30-or so hard working and loyal employees of the Manufacturer whom I represent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: