Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 03:17 PM

15 posts, read 117,623 times

Advertisements

I could really use some help. As is the case usually, I found this site the day before I leave to head to Vegas. I am moving there in June and will be visiting wed-sat of this week to find. I will be working near the corner of Tropicana and Eastern and are looking for places (apts, condos, houses) either in the south, sw, or se areas. Anyone know of any good gted communities. I have looked online at Copper Creek, Verona, Martinique Bay, Southwest Ranch, Resort at the lakes, Adiamo.
Anyone have experience with these or know of any better places?? I am looking to spend roughly 800-1200/mth for a 2 bedroom place. I would also like to have at most a 15-20 minute drive. Is the traffic on Tropicana bad in the morning coming from the west?

No kids but I do have a small dog. Preference for a gated community or safer area of Vegas.

If anyone can answer this, I will be checking back frequently...thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 03:28 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,966 times
do a quick check on craigslist or one/several of the dog friendly sites (just google dog freindly apts and you'll find a couple)....there are some places out those ways, but i can't remember the names (found them all online before i came out to look around).

GL

Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 PM

16 posts, read 69,631 times
Hi , I moved to Vegas last Oct. I searched for apts on line and then went to

www.map.live.com (broken link) to check out how far they were away from my work. I also went to something like Apartment Reviews .com to see what people had to say about their apts. I decided on Sterling Court (Las Vegas Nevada Apartments - Home - Sterling Court) and am really happy here. Two bedrooms go for around 900 and you have to pay extra for pets. Their web site is great and can answer any questions you may have. They have available apts listed and you can see where in the complex they are located. The apts have fireplaces and most of the upper level ones (I think) have vaulted ceilings. They have W/D, dishwasher, refrig and stove. The staff is very friendly. The complex is quiet and all ages live here.
I remember reading about C. creek and Martinique and had them crossed off of my list because of some comments people made. Martinique Bay looks nice from outside. Sterling Court has trees and grass ....if you come from the East you;ll probably like that ...I did.
Tropicana is near me (I am still using a map to get around and must be directionally dyslexic ) and I think I am on the East side of the STrip, so I am not sure this is near where you want to live. Good LUck!

Old 04-22-2008, 09:48 PM
acl

52 posts, read 244,562 times
i am looking at martinique bay, too. they were recommended tom me by a few people. it appears as though all the bad reviews are old. if anyone has any additional information, i would love to hear it, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: