Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 09:03 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,296 times

Advertisements

I brought my Apple phone to Consumer Cellular. After making your arrangements by phone, things are handled at Target.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 10:03 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,024,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhateme View Post
I have internet so that's probably why I pay the $54+?
I am sure that's it!

Old 05-14-2020, 07:00 PM

645 posts, read 706,669 times
For T-mobile do you guys notice better receptions during the current covid19 times? There is one room I never get any signals, but recently it's getting 1,2 bars!

And this is before covid, for about 5,6 years I always noticed during weekend the signal is very weak, and during weekday the signal would get much better, do you guys notice that too? also I have pre-paid I wonder if that's any different than contract.

Old 05-14-2020, 07:02 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
For T-mobile do you guys notice better receptions during the current covid19 times? There is one room I never get any signals, but recently it's getting 1,2 bars!

And this is before covid, for about 5,6 years I always noticed during weekend the signal is very weak, and during weekday the signal would get much better, do you guys notice that too? also I have pre-paid I wonder if that's any different than contract.
maybe due to the merger of sprint and tmobile?

Old 05-14-2020, 08:00 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post

IMHO prepaid is no different from contract. There aren't any good providers here. T-Mobile has been awful lately. I raised an engineering ticket and was told all sectors of the towers locally are saturated on LTE. They said 5G Is ok but you need a 600mhz phone to get it but it's already installed.

They told me 4G needs more tower space and for that they need local approval.

I manually switch to 3G which isn't fantastic but it works.

You can get them to send you a picocell for your house for a $25 deposit but that will only fix your house.

I've had them all here in SW and they're all bad. IMHO T-Mobile is slow, but steady and pretty compete coverage. I switched to Verizon for a few months and where it works you can get 40mbps down but it's really spotty. Some places it doesn't work at all despite bars.

Old 05-15-2020, 02:00 PM

638 posts, read 593,826 times
Im on google fi which fits my needs perfectly, they roam on Tmobible in vegas (but also us cellular and sprint). Their flexible option is very cheap if you're not using data.

Im out of the country a lot and their roaming rate for data is the same as in the US so its effectively 'free' roaming, and their calls abroad are very reasonable.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:49 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,024,595 times
I have T-mobile talk and text. No data. $20 per month all taxes and fees included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas